Foosball.com Forums

Need table recommendations for some frat bros, budget $300-400

Need table recommendations for some frat bros, budget $300-400
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:32:16 PM »
So my fraternity is looking for a new foosball table, but we're on a tight budget. We're pretty rough with our foosball and our tables get some heavy wear and tear. I understand that the best path to go is to save up longer or buy a used table, but we don't have much time to wait around, even if it's worth it. Can you guys give me some good recommendations for new tables that cost $300-400, open top, 3 player goalie? Or if you find some good deals for a decent used table in the Sacramento, CA area, that'd be chill too. Thanks guys.

Re: Need table recommendations for some frat bros, budget $300-400
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 05:00:24 PM »
I'd say a Fireball Sport model if you want a decent table but that's around $700. Your best bet is to try to find something used, a Tornado table is your best bet. You can find them around that price if you're willing to search around.

If you need something new for that price, you're going to have to sacrifice quality. In addition, I'm not sure what tables other than Tornado sport a 3-man goalie.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »
I know that we'll have to sacrifice some quality if we buy something new, but what are your recommendations for new tables within that price range? They don't have to be name brand, as long as they're solid picks for the price range.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
I won't post the link but since foosball.com does not have foosball tables in that price range(just checked) I would say check out Thompson's Sporting Goods online. They have a wide range of tables near your price range and pretty much anything new in that range will offer the same quality of play. Your best bet though would be to find a USED Tornado. Good luck.

Before I get in trouble for mentioning a competitor, I'd like everyone to know that I shop at Foosball.com before I shop anywhere else. They do sell the Rockit tables and the Junior is in your price range, but it's a fold up table suitable for picnics and the like. I have however played on one and it's pretty cool.

Pat, please don't scold me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:32:43 PM by Anderson »

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 07:21:40 PM »
If you buy something new at $300-$400 and put it in a Frat house, you're gonna find that the thing will disintegrate very, very quickly. Really, anything new at $300-$400 will not hold up. If you're looking to have a table for some sort of event and can't find a good used one for around that price, contact a vending company to grab a coin-op table for the event. Other than that, you'll be very sorry if you get something new for that range. The funny thing about open top tables that have 3-man goalies, there are many that are only good for firewood. A good used Tornado can be found for that price range, and will hold up in a frat house to daily abuse.

Edit:
Here are some brands that if you find used are pretty similar to Tornado in build quality:
Shelti (really any of the models from Foos 200 and up)
Fireball (You probably won't be able to find one in that price range)
Dynamo (3-man goalie versions were made by the same company as Tornado)
Brunswick (Same as above)

Some 1-man goalie tables that are not as sturdy, but definitely more sturdy than the average table, plus you'll probably be able to find these within your price range a lot more easily:
Dynamo (coin-op)
Warrior
Striker (coin-op)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:33:53 PM by SilentSam »

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 07:44:36 PM »
I'll take both your comments into account. What would be good places to look for used quality tables in good shape? Craigslist? Ebay? I did a quick search on Sacramento Craigslist but didn't find anything. As for Ebay, I didn't find anything under those brand names for my price range in my area. Where do you hunt for good used tables?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:00:39 PM by hbfs »

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »
Your getting the best advise here, from people that love and care for the sport.
Now, if you can't find anything in your area, you need to look at the neighboring
cities in craigslist. For example if I can't find anything in Los Angeles area I'll look
up San Diego...

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »
I appreciate all the help guys, and alright, you've convinced me. I'm going to get my budget finalized and get to the hunting for a used Tornado. Wish me luck!