Foosball.com Forums

some table issues

Offline hack

some table issues
« on: January 07, 2007, 02:04:48 AM »
I bought a walnut-cabinet Tornado coin-op table recently on ebay. I have noticed a couple of flaws since I bought it, and I was hoping someone here could help me out with them.

1. The rod action is not quite as smooth as a tournament table. I tried the "ball test" for rod action by leveling the men and resting a ball in the groove, and the rod stayed level. Shouldn't a properly lubed rod drop under the weight of a ball? I have replaced the bearings, cleaned the rods w/alcohol, and am using the right lube. The rods are not rusted but the mirror finish has diminished and there are "swirl marks" in the rods. Do I need new rods?

2. The ball return-side goal has a small half moon shaped crack in the white veneer. What can I do to prevent the goal from blowing out--and if it does blow out can the back wall be replaced?

thanks!

Offline marty

Re: some table issues
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 04:27:59 AM »
ok hack i had to try the ball rest thing on my new table with well lubed rods
the ball rested so i think that is normal as far as the ball return  ?

Re: some table issues
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:31:34 PM »
 You probably do not need new rods, just keep in mind that the polish chrome rods(the older they get) will play slower than the hardened chrome rods, it is ismply an adjustment you have to make from old rods to new ones unless you want to spend in excess of $300.00 for a new set of the heat treated rods. A part solution would be to buy just the shooting rods(4 in total).

As far as the half moon crack by the goalie opening, it will eventually blow out. If you have a wood router, white laminate, a heat gun and some cotact adhesive it is an easy fix. If you do want to attempt to fix it let me know and I can go into more detail for you.

Warner Blake
FVF