Foosball.com Forums

looking for used entry level tornado in Connecticut

looking for used entry level tornado in Connecticut
« on: February 05, 2014, 07:14:48 PM »
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, and since I've had no luck on craigslist looking for a used tornado, I thought I'd try here..
I'm looking for a used entry level tornado for sale, preferably in CT.
I don't have the loot for a t3000 at this point.. :)
I'm looking to spend up to $400. I want to introduce my boys (6 and 8) to this game, but I can't bear the thought of buying a Sportcraft at Dick's!
any info would be much appreciated!
thanks!

Re: looking for used entry level tornado in Connecticut
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 08:50:30 PM »
Good luck, I feel into a coin op a while back ( central ny)  and my roomie bent two rod.  So instead of buying a rod,  I've been l ooking for a second to swap good parts and shorten for my kids to have a good take more their size.  I've been searching ny, ma cn, pa  for a month with no luck.  if you expand your search and are willing to drive you can find some home models going for way too much.  You may be able to talk them down a bit. When I get home later I'll try tofind the engine I've been using for you.  you can search tons of different cl  areas with one thing.  easierthat way

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
http://www.searchtempest.com/

Great for searching^

http://burlington.craigslist.org/for/4311616046.html

This is a used coin op. He claims he has someone showing a ton of interest seeing it sat. Unless that's you, I dont know if I believe it. It looks borderline from the pictures. If there's water damage to the cabinet I'd definitely talkhim down, if you get it at all. If there's nothing else, its worth looking at. As long as play isnt affected, it's better than sports storecrap right? Good luck and happy hunting.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:05:18 PM »
Just keep in mind any repairs/replacements you're going to have to make andfactor that in.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 04:24:02 PM »
I did look at that Brown Marble.....the sides are swollen pretty good and one end as drywall screws holding laminate around goal.  you could play a game on it but i would classify it as a parts table

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 05:11:29 PM »
 See,  that's what I was looking for,  but a bit much for parts.  Figured it was worth looking at as I was guessing from picture.  Thanks for the heads up.  and sorry britri. I tried.  they engine helps a lot.  you can set it to list Craig's list  areas by distance from you.

sirflair

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 05:35:42 PM »
you'll get a top of the line Warrior, a much better table at a much better price… and the owner is from Waterbury Conn.
links removed. spam. sorry.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 06:37:02 PM by macfoos »

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 08:08:09 AM »
Your saying a $400 200lb table from Warrior is a better build and play then a Retail $1600-$2000 Tornado 355lb Coin op? Im slightly doubtful of that to say the least. I am sure Warrior tables are fantastic for the money.. But Cmon now..

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 12:00:43 PM »
Rebuttal....

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »
Rebuttal?