Foosball.com Forums

Table opportunity. Thoughts?

Table opportunity. Thoughts?
« on: May 19, 2014, 03:54:50 PM »
I've got the opportunity to pick up a grey marble coin op from its original owner. The owner says that it was purchased new in 2006 which, if I'm not mistaken, means that it should have all Merkel rods, acceptable handles, and decent men.

The seller says that it has not been used a ton and is in excellent shape. The only defect is a small ~3" crack on the top outside cabinet near the score markers that apparently happened during original shipping and resulted in the table having 30 balls as compensation.

I can get this table for $500 to replace my current Storm II, which i believe can be used to recoup a good portion of this purchase based on what I've seen them go for locally.

Is there anything in particular I should keep in mind when I look at/buy this table? Any words of advice, or strong proponents of snagging it?

Re: Table opportunity. Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:17:02 PM »
Sounds like a solid deal. Good table. I currently own one (my second gray marble) and love it. It plays great. Really solid. You'll definitely notice the extra weight jumping from the storm II.  The cracked  cabinet appears to be cosmetic so nothing to worry about there. Assuming that the surface is flat with no warping on sidewalls or goals I would jump on it. Bring $450 and keep the other $50 in another pocket. Who knows, seller may take the $450, if not break out the other $50 and don't look back. Let us know how it turns out.