Foosball.com Forums

Central Valley, CA foosers

Central Valley, CA foosers
« on: January 01, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
Hello all,
I'm a noob here to this forum, but not to foosball.  Actually, its been 20 years since I've played any tournaments back in the days of Dynamo and when Tornados first came out.  I just picked up a Tornado Storm II for my kids for christmas and started playing again...now I have the foos bug again.  When I was playing years ago, no one used the front pin rollover shot (snake shot, right?).  The majority of players were shooting pulls, push kicks, and my favorite, the pull kick.  I'd like to go to some local tournaments and see what players are doing nowadays, but can't find any in my area.  I live in the California Central Valley (Stockton, Manteca, Modesto area).  I used to play in Fremont and Campbell way back in the 80s and I'm sure there are still tournaments out there but would rather not have to travel an hour and a half to get to them.  Anyone know of any weekly or monthly foosball tournaments in the Central Valley?  Shoot, I'd be happy if I found someone in my area just to practice with.  My kids are too new to the game to provide any type of competition.