Foosball.com Forums

Games I think about and smile

Games I think about and smile
« on: November 11, 2007, 08:53:30 AM »
After living in Oregon for around 20 years I went back to my old stomping grounds in northern Wisconsin for a visit. While there I went to a bar where the college crowd hung out. An old buddy and fooser was bartending so I got to talking with him and by and by I noticed the foosball table in the corner. Seeing me look at the table, my buddy asked me if I still played. I hadn't played much during the past 10 years but was game to give it a go. So I plunked my quarters in and just then one of these college kids comes up and asks if we want to play partners for a buck? I remembered  guys who would wait for the money to get in the table and then challenge just to save themselves the money so I had to chuckle to myself as I told him,"Sure, get your partner." My buddy had a twinkle in his eye as I said it. Then the kid said, "So and so(I didn't catch the name) is my partner." I said,"Good, go get him." My buddy is smiling but not saying a word. Then the kid repeated it, "(Whats-his-name) is my partner." I guess it was suppose to have some kind of impact. I again told him to go get him. My buddy just looks down at the table smiling and shaking his head. So here comes 'what's his name' who played front and his sidekick who again says,"It's for a buck right?" "Sure" I says, "Let's play" Like a buck was a big deal. At first I went into the style I used while playing the first 10 years in Oregon, when I would go up to Portland and play the big boys, even Dan Kaiser who was a national champion. I don't even remember what all I shot but it all came back. Then just to give my buddy a nastolgic glimpse of our past I made a long pull whip on a reversal next to the far wall. That was game, there wasn't a challenge either. Then my buddy bust out laughing saying,"You haven't missed a stroke dude!" Yeah, games like that make me smile.

Re: Games I think about and smile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 03:03:21 PM »
Good for you, sir.