Foosball.com Forums

goalie position

goalie position
« on: November 27, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »
The defense I settled on way back when was to only use the far man(two man bar) and the goalie only for defense. This allowed me to see the gaps on the weak side and I simply kept that man in my opponent's face even though I teased him with little openings here and there. That way there was no dead man on the pull for him and no switch weak spot to deal with for me. Oh I was well aware of the weaknesses of this defense and dealt with it accordingly.  I could go as far as I needed to close a hole on a pull, my defense was to tease, tease ,tease. Sure they got to me sometimes but not as much as they would like, never a sure thing. The area I was challenged the most was a push from the close man shooting a tweener.  A long push had my goalie to deal with and I worked out the back to front angle of the goalie's position in relation to the length of the shot so as to close off holes without  much lateral movement. I liken my defense to a zone defense and could give names of those who got to me,,,

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
Re: goalie position
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 10:53:34 AM »
On Tornado it is a little worse for goalies what with the 8" goal width. But it's a steal world. Turnovers and takeaways still happen. A lot of times it is who gets five attempts first.