Foosball.com Forums

Statistics at Big tournaments

Statistics at Big tournaments
« on: December 26, 2007, 10:16:15 AM »
I've never been to any big tournaments where the topos playu, but was curious if there is any type of statistical information for individual players.  It would be nice to see who has the highest passing percentage from 5 to 3....Who has the highest shooting percentages......etc.  I think I know the answer to this question, but I could be wrong.

Maybe some of you experienced tournament players could help me out on this one, but of the top pros and masters when they are passing from 5bar to 3 bar.....what would you say the percentages of completed passes are deflections off the opposing 5 and what percentage iof passes are clean....

It's nice to know these things or atleast have an idea...I will be going to Vegas in March so you better believe i'll be keeping up best I can........I have a pretty good 5 bar, but I think I have a really good knack for scrounging up deflected balls that scrape their 5 as I try to pass....Are there top pros that do this more or are their passes for the most part clean....

thank you guys for any feedback.....

chance

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: Statistics at Big tournaments
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 01:29:16 PM »
Mark Winker from Netfoos has been doing stats for Inside Foos Productions for about a year or so.  You can find the stats somewhere on

http://www.netfoos.com

He does not differentiate between "CLEAN" and Not Clean passes, only between completed pass and not completed pass.  You will probably be surprised at the overall percentages when you look at the statistics.

50% is GOOOOOD!!!

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 01:34:03 PM »
all "top" pro forwards are good at both compared to lower levels...I think I am a pretty complete player and fairly compotent and understand the fundementals of the game and even play our Pro-Masters in my area tight but I have had a chance to play 4-5 other Pro-Masters at a tournament when it counted and for the most part they toyed with me...Rob Mares, Tommy Addkinson, Nathan Winter, Branden Moreland, Trad Powell, and Steve Mohs.  All these players are in the top 25 right now and then...find them and everyone else here

http://foosworld.com/public/main/players.aspx

you don't make it to that level if you aren't like a vacum cleaner with loose balls...our best player is Joe Rhodes (also top 25) and he has an uncanny ability to catch any loose ball that goes anywhere near his 5 or 3 rod

all these players have great 5 bars - again compared to levels below Pro-Master

no, the kind of stats you want are not available...get DVD's from Inside Foos Productions and see for yourself - Jim Stevens (Inside Foos) has been video tapping since 1994 so you can see current and past greats - http://www.insidefoos.com/

there is a seperation even among the top 25 Pro-Masters between the top couple (Billy Pappas and FREDERIC COLLIGNON) and Billy will tell you, there is a big seperation between him and Frederic - Fred being by far the best player today (and for the last 10 years) who is at a different level than everyone else...Billy recently wrote...
"Ofcourse fred is the best on all tables hes been playing on all of them for the last who knows how long. Hes always had exposure to them... so the little chance we would have if we had those tables become even less of a chance. He would win either way but you get my point... I hope."

and

"Fred wasnt a big point I was trying to make. If he didnt have access to all those tables he would still find a way to win. Hes even the best on tornado i think right now by far. "

and during a thread on all time best player centered mostly around the Great Tom Spear, early era players verses current, etc...see Billy's response (currently ranked #1 in the ranking above)

"Its just obvious to everyone that Rico is the best and greatest whatever the difference is... of all time. "

and finally (emphasis added)

"See this is what most people dont understand about Rico... I have seen him play more than any american at this point... a lot more.

If you put Tom (Spear) and Rico together in a room for an hour... Tom would never score on Rico again (if Tom's shot was at his prime ).

Not only is he (Fred) the best offensive player... controlling the ball about 90% he is also the best defensive player. I have watched Fred brick absolutely the best players in europe... making them look stupid and even look like they don't want to shoot anymore. You might say they are lower level but those dudes have 3 bars like crazy. Trust me i get scored on a high % over there... even tho my def isnt special... i can still judge a shot. He is the Greatest best whatever u wanna call it.

By the way he has not lost a MATCH this year in singles.

I wouldnt even put myself close to the level of those guys (meaning, Spear, Kiaser, Todd, and Fred) yet by the way... people mention me. Hopefully i will be considered one of the best in the future .

If your putting Spear in the greatest of all time catagory... why dont people mention Tommy in singles who had crazy results in the 90s. How about Terry Moore who before rico was actually the most dominant all around player for what 7 years before?"

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 04:38:45 PM »
the stats are suprising.....and where were those comments from about collignon? 

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 04:48:56 PM »
off the Foosball Board

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 05:48:18 PM »
If you have a specific player in mind, email Jim Stevens.  He keeps some stats on the top players.  He once through out that the roll-over was successfull 60% of the time after a timeout as compared to 45% for a pull shot.  He also stated once that Fred was 90% successfull after a timeout while being normally 70%.