Foosball.com Forums

Tornado coin-op table

Tornado coin-op table
« on: April 21, 2008, 01:17:21 PM »
Hey all, I'm new to the site and fairly new to foosball. I just picked up a brown marble coin-op table. I think I got a pretty sweet deal as I got if for under $250 bucks. The table is playable and functioning. Some of the marble laminate is cracked and it has it's wear and tear as you'd expect from any bar table. The rods are straight, but they had some rust on them. Mainly in between the men, so it's not so critical as to movement. They don't really move as smoothly and freely as other good condition tables do. You can feel (and hear) friction in the bearings. I believe that at least one of the rods is not original as you can see a different wall thickness on the exposed ends when compared to the other rods' wall thickness. But all in all it is in decent shape. I guess my question is, I'm not sure of the model, or if there is a specific model for this other than "coin-op" but from what I understand they are top of the line, how much is this table worth, and is it worth putting a bunch of money into it to get some good rods, maybe re-do the laminate, etc. I want to get new rods and bearings just for the playability factor, but I don't want to be throwing my money into polishing a turd - if ya know what I mean. And...if this was a steal, the place I got it from has more for around the same price, so if it's worth it I could put some work into them and sell them or something. Thanks in advance for your reply's!!

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: Tornado coin-op table
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 03:08:53 PM »
if you got it for under $250 you stole it in almost any condition and getting new rods and impacted bearings is a good investment

make sure you get the heat-treated rods ... you only need to change the 2 and 3 for sure but I would change the 5 as well...if money is an issue, start with your side first and get the others as you can

you may need a few men and a couple of bumpers too but still, it is a very very good deal

the low end on these right now is about $450 + shipping (for most people) and they can go as high as $700 but most should be around $450-$550

I follow table sales and have for a few years now and have never seen one sell anywhere near that low

plus, I personally I really like the brown marble

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:34:59 PM »
That is a great deal. Is the place you bought it anywhere near Pennsylvania or do they ship?

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 09:53:44 AM »
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I got a good deal and the table is worth putting some effort into. Unfortunately the seller isn't near Pennsylvania. It is about an hour and a half east of where I live in Wisconsin. It's a company that owns a bunch of coin-op bar games, pool tables, dart boards, etc. I'm not sure if they ship, but I imagine they do. I can find out and then post the info.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 11:06:28 AM »
heck yes if they have more than one at that price