Foosball.com Forums

The pull or the snake?

Offline foosinaround69

• No garder snakeshot here, just the AnacondaBackpin
The pull or the snake?
« on: May 04, 2008, 11:09:58 AM »
I seen this question in another forum and I was curious what you guys thought here..What shot is better and which one is harder to block???? Time out has been called and it's 4-4 which shot would you rather be shot against you...Of course it depends on who is shooting it but on the whole which shot is the best??? Pappas and his snake or Lofredo and his pull(both in their prime)???

Re: The pull or the snake?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 12:25:45 PM »
snake

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:28:08 PM »
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:39:24 PM by TSR_Brad »

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 02:03:48 PM »
It's neither Snake nor Pull - the mother of all shots is the Euro Pin!

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 08:29:31 PM »
Now when you go to a tourny it seems that all you see is Snake Shots.., people have learned to block it!!..i shoot a pull and to be honest it seems as if people have forgotten how to block it...

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 06:53:32 PM »
Have to agree with Chace But anyone in there prime will score with any shot

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 07:12:16 PM »
It's all a numbers game. I always loved to go against a pull shooter as a goalie. If he beats me it's on the dink not the long. They practice the long and the "tweener" but the dink is not always as comfortable and it still is a percentage shot. I don't switch up as much as most I guess but that is what works for me. The Snake is another comfort level shot. I hadn't gone against it until recently but decided to cover the bases with movements alternating from fast to lazy and it worked out pretty good. Keep'em guessing. I think the Euro-pin might be the best option and the hardest to have an answer for.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 11:22:20 AM »
As a goalie I have learned to race the pull/push pretty well.  its pretty rare for someone to score on me using it.  but the snake I have no idea how to block, as I don't have enuff exposure to it.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 04:00:44 PM »
the question and servey on the other site is "Who Would Win? Best Puller or Best Snaker?" and there is a survey..77% voted pull...there are some very interesting comments from top players, it is a good read (see below)

http://foosballboard.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7757