Foosball.com Forums

Repair or replace playfield trim

Repair or replace playfield trim
« on: May 08, 2008, 01:04:26 PM »
I just got an older brown marble Tornado coin-op that needs a bit of work.  The most obvious issue is that the playfield trim is loose near the ends of the table.  The trim is in good shape, but it just is not firmly attached.  Is there any way to re-attach this to the table, or does it just need to be replaced with new trim?

Thanks.

Re: Repair or replace playfield trim
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 07:00:53 PM »
If it's still in good condition, you can still use it.
You can glue it back down with contact cement.
But be sure that you clean the underside of it, and the surface area it's being glued to, good otherwise it will come back off.
If you decide to replace it with a new one, be sure to clean off any reminants of glue from the old one before you glue the new one down too.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:47:03 PM »
Any idea what I should use to remove the old glue?

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 09:03:52 PM »
I would use a solvent that's not too harsh. I wouldn't use anything stronger than mineral spirits or alcohol, as a stronger solvent could damage the strip and the surface.
There's some stuff at Home Depot that's for removing glue residue, I think it's called something like "goop be gone" or something like that, it should do the job.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 09:08:26 PM »
That stuff is "Goo Gone".  I already have some, and it works great on everything I've tried it on.

Thanks for all of your help.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 01:42:29 AM »
NP....Good luck!

http://www.thisweekinfoosball.foosball.com/gallery.html

Happy Fooz'n!

Don't Forget To Subscribe!  :D