Foosball.com Forums

Identify Dynamo Table - Steal of a Deal?

Identify Dynamo Table - Steal of a Deal?
« on: October 05, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »
Well, I took everyone's advice and waited...and waited....and waited...to find what I think is a good deal. I found someone selling what they said was a "no-name" brand coin-op foosball table in a city I was soon going to on vacation. (I showed up and found it was a Dynamo)

He had it listed for $250 on CL, but when I got there, he needed some help moving furniture. I offered and helped him move some furniture with my truck for about an hour. Then he sold the table to me for only $80!!!

It has no bend rods, no warped surface, no cracked men, no damage to cabinet, 15 balls, no key to access the side panel, and coin-op mechanism is functioning (quarter-slot not working). This thing weighs a TON too and it was a PAIN to get the legs off to put in the truck!

A few questions for you:

1 - Did I get a good deal?

2 - What should I do to improve smoothness of rods? (I did a little WD40, and that helped, but I know it can get better.)

3 - Can you identify the table?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3010/2917128518_fd60ed6815.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3177/2917128862_6e0f7a2305.jpg?v=0

Re: Identify Dynamo Table - Steal of a Deal?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 10:03:40 PM »
For $80 you got a steal!...no one plays tournys on that table anymore...but it is better then having nothing...you will always beable to sell it for more...so bottom line...good deal

Offline Will17

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 12:37:28 AM »
anyone know how it would work buying tornado men/bearings and putting it on this thing?

Offline marty

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:59:09 AM »
do not no to much about dynamo but to me it looks like a dynamo with
tournment soccer solid rods and handles, still a good buy

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 01:12:21 AM »
dont use wd-40 on the rods... it will eventually carrode the rods, bumpers, and bearings... use silicone that you can get off of foosball.com or tornadofoosball.com...

looks like a really nice table though. I actually went to my 1st DYP on an old Dynamo like that one... make sure you get some Tornado balls though...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:13:56 AM by rios820 »

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 02:29:33 AM »
Little labor and moving, sounds like you got a steal at $80 (plus the obvious gas/labor costs of moving some stuff). I'm going to agree with tom on this one, everything I"ve read says do NOT use wd-40 on rods. I've done it in the past and thought it would be a good lubricant, but the rods dry out and the bearings corrode faster than a silicone lubricant. This website also has a great "shop" store attached to it. I bought some nice wraps for handles, and will probably buy some silicone, when I run out of the one I have, from it. It also supports people who support this site... so to me it's a great win win situation.

I hope you enjoy your new table... one thing you might consider (since it is a one goalie table especially) is buy either the Warrior table soccer balls, or a few yellow dynamo balls that have the grippier surface. It might prove to play closer to a Warrior table than Tornado, which would be good if you ever go to an IFP tournament, or even if you just want to have a good time with friends..

(played my first DYP on an old ass DM table, then on a P4P table when the bar bought a table to have league play on)