Foosball.com Forums

What kind of table is this?

What kind of table is this?
« on: June 12, 2010, 12:28:22 PM »
Looks like a Tornado of some type, but I don't recognize it as any recent model.  It's for sale pretty cheap, and would be a replacement for the sportcraft garbage I have now.

Any thoughts?

Re: What kind of table is this?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 01:46:32 PM »
Looks like a whirlwind, horrible bearings (the rods will have lots of slack), thin walls, no leg-levers, lighter table.  A very bad table by tornado standards, but it is a tornado.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:14:04 PM »
I tried to contact the seller, but have not had any luck.  They are asking $55, which is dirt cheap, but it's a long drive from where I live, so I'd spend twice that in gas.  Oh well, I'll keep searching...

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »
GreggPDX, does the PDX in your screen name mean you are from Portland? If so you might want to contact Harold Hutchinson from Forest Grove. He has a couple cherrywood coin-ops he wants to sell. I've played on them and they are in good shape.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »
Yep, I'm actually in Oregon City, do you have contact info for Harold?

Gregg

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »
For $55? I'd buy it and donate it to a B&G Club, etc. and take a write-off.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 07:58:01 PM »
Gregg, welcome aboard! I emailed you Harold's phone number. We've had one or two other local foosers come on here and they have really enjoyed the DYP tournaments Harold puts on weekly. One warning though, there is a 14 year old that is off the hook in skills, just saying,,,lol. Oh,  Dylan Rutledge is his name, just so you know what you are getting into. ;D

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 02:13:52 PM »
For $55? I'd buy it and donate it to a B&G Club, etc. and take a write-off.

I finally spoke to the seller, and it's already sold. :(