Foosball.com Forums

Pictures / Comments From Costa Rica

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
Pictures / Comments From Costa Rica
« on: July 27, 2011, 02:50:55 AM »
Costa Rica host a great event!

If you want to see some of the pictures of the event in Costa Rica and the comments, check out:

http://www.fireballtablesoccer.com/joomla15/news.html?start=1

Some of the picture are very well done by a Photographer from the Newspaper.

Dennis, Tony and I would like to thank Cissi Whipple, Tom Yore and Leo Garto and the many others who made this such a great event!

Brad Laurine
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:02:25 PM by BradLaurine »

Offline crazy8

Re: Pictures / Comments From Costa Rica
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 01:45:14 PM »
Sweet!  Looks like a grand time was had by all.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 11:39:05 PM »
Would have been nice to see a picture of Spredey's match at meatgame with Brandon Munoz(?).
;
Pretty sure that's what everyone (only worldwide, of course) wanted to see..  either match...
;
Perhaps you'll have the match on Youtube or Vimeo or Justin.TV sometime?
;
Just a thought, Brad... What do we know?  Fireball braintrust might have concluded that pics,  or a vid,
of the match with a supersonic local who forced Spredey to use up his timeouts in meatgame ..
was not really conducive to promoting Fireball and Costa Rica. We just have to rely on you guys..
Hopefully someone stateside brought back some pics and/or vids with their smartphones etc..
;
But yeah hey... the new Fireball coinops did look very pretty in those newspaper shots...
Can't wait for them to show up here in upstate!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:51:27 PM by foozkillah »

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 02:12:02 AM »
Great call on the video action.
Yes, it would have been scoreboard to have that match on vid.

The braintrust was weak on the video angle.
It wasn't enough to have a cool event, in a cool country and have cool people show up? I thought it was cool that a company stepped up and helped get people from the states to get to Costa Rica. Dennis and Fireball provided the means for Tony and Brandon to be able to have this epic match. Mike Yore's match would have been nice to see, as well, as long as we are dreaming.

8) Dude, back away from the pipe long enough to breath some fresh air. Those tables are coming in on a slow boat from China... lol

I am willing to listen to any proposals that involves getting those tables some props.

Brad Laurine
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:15:32 AM by BradLaurine »

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 06:43:52 PM »
A scoreboard coup it would've been, yeah..
;
Next time you have an awesome event in an awesome Carribean venue with awesome games,
(And yep I'm sure you're wearing a ton of hats already...)
;
Perhaps you could drop some aspiring kid videographer a 50spot and have him take a ton of pics
and some vids of some cool killer matches. Heck, he/she could use your iPhone or droid and get
great-enough quality.  Every country or location would have to have dozens of vid-crazy foosers.
;
then you load up your website/pages and ain't nobody touching that coup. Even up here in upstate
NY, we were all a-hubbub about this thin young kid, Brandon.. this dude (& his older brother, too!)
are NEWS.  What's up with the braintrust program brah?  If Rupert Murdoch were doing the promos
for this he'd have been all over this kid and the matches!  Oh well... next time I guess...  :-[
;
I'm also aware that there's a pretty strong consensus that with the greater control on the
Fireball, there's a perceived slowdown with the general play... (if you were checking the chats on
the Calgary tourney, you'd know what I'm talking about...) But this kid and Spredey playing ping-pong
foos at breakneck speed, or with his own older brother?  Or with either Yore? That's another scoop
that would have been just killer...  I feel bad, so much unbelievable hype that could have been....  :-\
;
Pipe?  What pipe? there's no such thing we smoke in the islands man... it's just a herban myth...
And the weather? Always terrible... tell everyone...  8) 8) 8)

["cough! cough! cough! wheeeeeze....!] :'( :-X :P