Foosball.com Forums

Fireball Tables - Was this just a fad in the USA?

Fireball Tables - Was this just a fad in the USA?
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:35:36 PM »
Hi,
Just getting back into foosball from 30+ years ago.

Lot's of things have changed.

One thing I don't understand is this Fireball table thing....  There's some big internet chatter a few years ago how it is going to take the world by storm.. But nothing lately.  From what I can find out, you can't even order a table anymore.

Anyway, I have always enjoyed the sport.  Last I really played, there were foosball clubs with a few miles of each other.  Some with at least 20 tables.  I can't even find a business in my town with a table.  Lucky, my company has a few Tornado tables for employees to use.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Fireball Tables - Was this just a fad in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »
I wouldn't call it a fad, it's just that Fireball is kind of a victim of circumstance. If someone wants a cheap table they buy a no name brand. If someone wants a quality table they generally buy a Tornado because it's the only quality table with a large tour behind it. Furthermore, 9/10 local tournaments are going to be played on Tornado. Everyone I have talked to has good things to say about Fireball but the tour seems to have fizzled out. Warrior is about to start a new tour and their new table is supposed to be pretty nice...