Foosball.com Forums

Blown out goal?

Blown out goal?
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »
A guy in my area is asking $450 for a brown marble coin-op.  Looks to be in good shape other than this section of one of the goals.  How concerned should I be about this chipping?  Is it a deal-breaker?  Should I make a lower offer?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Blown out goal?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 02:38:10 PM »
Depends on whether there are other tables in your area. Blown out goals are very tough, if not impossible, to fix. It could certainly put you in a position of bargaining power...

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 12:00:20 AM »
Look at all the dirt and crude on that table. Ask yourself what your using the table for? Practice or for people to use it. That is hard to fix and will just be chipping more. Offer $300 and make $350 your top.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:39:01 AM »
If it were me, I would pass on this table. Tough fix, and I know I would probably end up NOT fixing it, so I'd have a flawed table and it would always bother me.

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »
Thanks everyone.  The table is for my kids to learn on so it doesn't have to be perfect, but I agree it will likely get worse over time and it will always bother me.  I ended up telling the guy I would do $275, but I have not heard back, which is fine.  I am in no big hurry and can just wait for the next one to come up if it doesn't work out.