Foosball.com Forums

Brown marble coin op loose cabinet

Brown marble coin op loose cabinet
« on: February 24, 2016, 05:09:48 PM »
The top part of my cabinet lifts up when shooting certain shots. The cabinet is locked, but if I grab the rods and lift up it raises from the bottom cabinet slightly. Any ways to fix this?

Re: Brown marble coin op loose cabinet
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:14:58 PM »
I don't have the same table as you but I don't even bother to lock the top. My guess is the top isn't resting flush on the bottom or you might be pulling up to hard.

Offline tydy

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 07:44:05 PM »
There are 2 MDF ears or tabs that stick down from the top when opened for service. The locking rods go into these when closed. One or both of these may be loose or the hole for lock to slide into is over sized on them. If they're hogged out and sloppy, you can order replacements on line from different sources. Let me know what you find out. I can help you with lining things up and marking new hole if you have to replace. Pics would also be helpful. tydy

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 05:14:10 PM »
Yeah it looks like the holes on the tabs are a little too big. I was just planning on making some new tabs but if they're cheap enough I would just buy them

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 05:15:19 PM »
I don't have the same table as you but I don't even bother to lock the top. My guess is the top isn't resting flush on the bottom or you might be pulling up to hard.

Yeah it only lifts up when doing hard open hand shots.