Foosball.com Forums

Push shot

Re: Push shot
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 11:10:23 PM »
To me it seems like you can hit the *short Push shot holes* faster than the *short Pull shot holes*, which keeps the Push Shot defense tighter, that allows the Push shooter to not need as much speed or distance when going long. With that said, there still are other reasons why more people have had more success with the Pull Shot.

Cick below to see what easy fast options I see and what I like about the Push Shot -when I'm reading the Defense

http://www.arkansasfoosball.com/select_foosball_shots.htm
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 11:19:25 PM by Gstillwellar »

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 12:34:19 PM »
Trust me....a push shot is a bad idea....to be honest most people that shoot one get no respect from pther players...(girls shoot it at tournaments) not to dis girls...it is just labled a girl shot.......

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 05:43:10 PM »
ya you see that B???  A GIRLY SHOT!!!!!  you tell'em Chase...   lol

no I would have to say that Brandon's push is probably one of the best that I have seen, however he is MUCH more deadlier or dangerous shooting his snake than he ever was shooting his push.  Well... I guess he has more of a gardener snake than anything...

Rios

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 07:49:47 PM »
Oh you silly kids who don't trust the push. You simply have to do it right. It needs to grow, from soft-relaxed to an abrupt act of violence. It is the ultimate in making your foe eat it, right in front of him/her. I once made the winning shot with the push that made my pro-opponent let out a scream as it went by, quite satisfying,,,

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 02:43:53 AM »
I will say that when I go back to it, and it works, I feel pretty good about it.  It definately pisses alot of people off to get beat by a push.  When my short spray works well,  my long looks pretty long.  Dead bar? not quite, I can hit it.  but I will never try to go that square in a game.  The only other person I've seen hit it dead, is Tony.   If the snake were ever illegal,  my push would resurface.

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 08:23:36 PM »
my shot is coming along real well, so i had to come back to this thread to make the comment that my push is easier and more acurate for me. my angle short is pretty good and it sets up the long or middle for that matter , pretty well. my pull is decent but it seems to get blocked more. its kinda like  ol miester said- it happens so fast and is just intimidating as hell.also im lazy so i havent yet researched the snake and quite frankly dont  even know what it is. anyone feel like humoring me?

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 10:46:47 AM »
Don’t let anyone tell you a push shot is not a good shot to learn or use.  If you have all the options, straight, middle, long, as well as a good slice across the middle, push into a pull kick etc. The point being, any shot is a good shot if you can hit all the holes at any given time.

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 09:52:06 PM »
thank you ill keep that mentality.now, about that snake......i know i probably know the shot but just cant make the connection

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 01:02:21 PM »
B,inSA- the "snake" is a front pin rollover, some call it a spin shot. You need some pressure on top of the ball for any pin shot, front or back if you want to move the ball. The main advantage to the snake is an immediate middle if it is open, all you do is spin it in without any lateral movement at all. Once they defend the middle one of the corners has to be open either push or pull.

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 06:30:06 PM »
so you pin the ball and then kinda "pinch" it in? i think i can picture it. also a buddy of mine has this shot where he pins the ball on the wall with the 5 row and then slams the crap outta the rod against the wall. it squirts straight in ,at an angle every time. is it legal? i hope its not cause its real rough on my table.

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 03:44:13 PM »
illegal......jarring is illegal...

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 04:35:08 PM »
great news

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 11:12:34 AM »
No. You don't pinch it in. The ball is struck using a roll over the ball in a counter-clockwise semi-spin motion. To learn the middle snake start by hand setting the ball in a front pin in the middle of the goal. Then put your right wrist  on the handle. Now move your arm up  and catch the handle with your hand. It is basically a spin motion that is stopped by catching the handle. The man travels almost 360 BEFORE striking the ball.

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2007, 01:11:35 AM »
alright, G M im gonna try real hard to comprehend this. i have researched it(you-tube) but i dont have the fastest video card so its always a blur.

so first off what i thought it was- i saw them pin the ball (foot of man on top of ball on the goalie side of the 3 man rod, right?) then they proceed to do a tap-tap manouver to get a good grip( of the top of the ball, right?) then i thought in one very fast motion, let go of the "grip" they had, chose one side of the ball , and kinda slid over ball to one side- then go behind the ball in a clock-wise rotation and then hit the crap out of it.

ok , now what i think you're tellin me- so to verbally diagram. if you are looking down the rod on the 3 man from your own side. you pin it, tap-tap the top, and then basically just do a "spinner " manouver COUNTER-clockwise , however you catch the handle just before the man completes a 360* "spin". so to say, you never push the rod in or out ( to get on or around either side of the ball) you just pick a hole and spin it backwards but catch it.

ok, asuming i understand the concept ( which i might not) what happens if you dont catch it and it ends up being a spinner? is there a penalty? point,possesion, warning? i really appreciate you takin the time to explain this to me. am very anxious to figure this out as well. Thanks G M,      B

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 01:18:16 AM »
p.s.- i do understand that there IS some advanced laterall movement ( pushing the rod in or out while in the "pin" position in order to fake, or pick a hole), lots a tap-tap and rolling it to and fro. i guess sonn i will have to begin understanding defenses. later, im gonna go practice..