Foosball.com Forums

5 bar

5 bar
« on: July 18, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »
I don't get to see a lot of the big name players play other than the occasional video on the net.  In your opinion whats the most popular method of passing 5 to 3 bar that is and whats the easiest to learn and whats the hardest.  I am currently practicing some passing techniques I've seen Dave Gummeson use on video.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  thanks

Re: 5 bar
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 05:39:34 PM »
A tip for the five-rod....hmmm..
Try and produce multiple passes using the same motion. (Which will leave your opponet guessing) I would say the wall pass is probably the most popular and easiest to shoot, but for me a good brush is the hardest to defend~

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 05:41:57 PM »
The brush series is by far the most widely used passing series in tournament foosball. The near wall brush is the most popular,with some doing quite well with the far wall brush. The brush series is generally easier to learn than the tic tac series but it really depends on the fooser. If you are trying to decide which series to use I would suggest getting at least 1 inside foos dvd so you can see how the pros use both series. I allmost forgot the set, hard wall /hard lane series which can be used near wall or far wall , take your time deciding which you are best at or feel most comfortable with and then try to stay with it.Concentrate your training on repetitions and speed, and perfecting your execution. good luck 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:33:08 PM by underdog »

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:52:20 AM »
I personally think that the brush is the most effective.  But while setting up for a brush if you can occasionally hit a fast wall or a stick pass.  The options are endless. 

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:50:49 AM »
real good long thread on this very subject available on foosballboard,

http://foosballboard.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6143

enjoy,

bbt