Foosball.com Forums

how popular is foosball outside of the USA??

Re: how popular is foosball outside of the USA??
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 12:50:08 AM »
Well it is popular in South Africa and I noticed that no other African country besides Morocco has been mentioned.

At the Varsities in Cape Town, the game is very popular amongst the students. Also in some of the bars around the CBD. I know there is a league in Johannessburg and Garlando SA is in the process of starting a league in Cape Town.

I have been playing since 2001 (first year at varsity) and plan to purchase a Garlando table. Since Garlando is the tournament standard in SA it is the best choice for me. I hate curved tables!!!

Tables: Well I've seen Garlandos, Sardii's, a funny curved table that I dont know the name of and Hurricanes. Hurricanes are the South African made table, they are ok to play one bt the men are slightly oversized I think. I prefer the Garlando. There is no distributor of Tornado in Souht Africa so I have not had the pleasure of playing on one of those tables.

The sport is slowly gathering a following but i think with a national league and lots of media coverage the sport will take-off. ;D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 05:33:12 AM by sanjuro »

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 10:01:37 PM »
hi guys, i am from malaysia, we only exposed mostly the Tornado and Lowen foosball table, but eventually most of the foosball players turn to Tornado because they loved it compare to Lowen. i just wonder back to your countries, there are multiple types of foosball table also, how is the feedback from the players?

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 03:30:58 AM »
If you want to know how popular foos is outside USA,you can come to Malaysia,there are many good fooser here.
OLIVER is the top ranking player in Malaysia.Can find him in Kuala Lumpur,Subang Jaya,Asia cafe.
He can play like light speed.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 12:21:01 PM »
Hey King, Check out these guys>Tony Spredeman,Brandon Moreland,Rob Mares,Trevor Parks,Terry Moore.That is just a small handfull of the great players that are tearing everyone up right now on tour.

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 12:47:08 PM »
If you want to know how popular foos is outside USA,you can come to Malaysia,there are many good fooser here.
OLIVER is the top ranking player in Malaysia.Can find him in Kuala Lumpur,Subang Jaya,Asia cafe.
He can play like light speed.

Thanks for the comments King.. But it is highly unlikely that I am such a great fooser..

Foosball in Malaysia is getting THERE.. It requires alot of promotion and exposure to the market. Our local Malaysia market. Malaysia has a problem with youth bumming around and doing nothing but loitering, we would like to keep all this social ills to a minimal by introducing foosball as their "inhouse" sports..well, we would like to sell the idea to our government that foosball is a healthy activity and a global tool in promoting Malaysia to the world..

We have a local Tornado distributor and they are doing their best to upkeep the sport to a healthy level.. We have a local website www.foosball.com.my aka Foosball Community Malaysia is the preferred portal for foosball info and annoucements of events and results..

do drop me a mail if any of you guys are comin' over for a holiday, we would be more than happy to show u around EXCEPT foosin... Why foos when your on holiday!! right!!.. ;D

Oliver aka papabear

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 07:42:47 AM »
I am from San Diego, California, but currently working in Zhuhai, China.  I could not find a table or players here at all, so I am heading over to Hong Kong for the Christmas 2006 weekend.

I noticed this thread and wondered if foosball was still being played in Hong Kong, and if so, WHERE...?

I have been going to the Vegas Championships for a few years now so I am pretty good competition for almost anyone, but most of all, I just love this game.    I might even be convinced to travel to a nearby country for New Years weekend if anyone is interested in showing me their local foos places.

Offline jezzy

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 01:31:23 PM »
A U.S Army soldier here
currently deployed to the Horn of Africa
HOA which is a JTFOB(Joint Task Force Operation Base)
at which all branchez of our military undergo Enduring Freedom
camp of 2,200
friendshipz and handshakez have been exchange
at the Ol' cantina on them humid beer drinking nightz
amongst Americanz who range from coast to coast
me personally have had the opertunity to travel here
outside of Dijoubi,Africa
with an eye of alwayz picking up a game
currently im sharpening my skillz
on the coastal region of Kenya
have had great experiencez in Mombas as well
jijga Etheopia, at which i played local children
as a table was randomly placed  outside infront of the market
Uganda and Tanzania to name acouple more
My plan is to stop the breed of terriostz through a simple game(Foos)
The laughter and smilez on african childrenz face
when they realize your not an allien
And the world haz one thing in common
WE ALL LOVE FOOS

The Underground Foosball King
19D Spc.Young U.S Army