Foosball.com Forums

just bought a fabi

just bought a fabi
« on: November 17, 2007, 09:51:28 AM »
hey, i just recently bought a fabi foosball table, and just had a quick question. i noticed that the players are made from two pieces of plastic that were molded together. also noticed that the two sides weren't lined up properly. do you guys think that i should use some sandpaper to smooth out the center of the joint? hope u guys understand what i mean. it still works fine for passing but i feel like i'll probably have better control if the sides where flat.
hope someone can help
thanks

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: just bought a fabi
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 10:22:33 AM »
yes, smooth out the sides if you can and then if you decide you really like foosball, plan to by a Tornado coin-op in the not too distant future

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 12:12:09 PM »
I second the motion to by a coin op Tornado.

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 01:45:26 AM »
i only seen a couple pics of the tornado, but from what i remember, they don't have telescoping rods. i kinda like that with the fabi.    i almost bought the coin op fabi. i heard from alot of people that the fabi was used at most sports bars.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 09:44:01 AM »
They lied....i have never seen one....the only tables i ever see in bars are Tornado and Dynamo...

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 02:30:24 PM »
so are you saying that the fabi's aint good.  seems to me like a really good table.  its real solid and pretty easy to control. i wanted to get a bonzini put couldn't find a place to buy one in canada.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 03:12:52 AM »

What part of Canada do you live?
We may be able to help you in the future with a Bonzini purchase.
Fabi makes a good table and I know they are popular in certain areas of Toronto, CAN.
Fabi plays a little different than a Bonzini. Seems great for kick shots and angles. Also an effective rollover table depending on what type of ball you use. Bonzini has a lot more ball control aspects however.
Visit www.bonziniusa.com or e-mail me if you have any questions about the product.

Alan

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 06:55:09 AM »
i live in sudbury, ontario. and ya i bought my fabi from vaughan mills mall by toronto.

Offline Daniel

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 09:32:12 AM »
Check out this site for Ottawa foosball on a Tornado

http://www.ottawafoos.com/

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 06:23:23 PM »
thats awsome,  just wish i wasn't 8 hours away lol.