Foosball.com Forums

Great night playing Foosball......

Great night playing Foosball......
« on: November 27, 2007, 11:52:48 PM »
 I had a great time playin' tonight, so i figured why not start a thread where everyone can express that they had a good night foosin'.(or a bad night for that matter) I say no matter if you just practiced, or played with some friends , or even played in a tourny, let everyone know what you did wrong, or right any given night. BTW O M , i cant wait to hear how it goes for you. i really hope you got that table!

Re: Great night playing Foosball......
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 12:00:13 AM »
So i played singles tonights with a friend. he's decent so it was no gimmie, but i was just excited to get to play. I'd say i executed well. from the 3 man , goalie and 5 bar on the drop.(fer some reason i have a great time on the inbounds, even against my best comp) still havin a little trouble with my "predictabillity" as far as passing from my goalie.passing from 5 to 3 has come a long way. and im also juggling with ease now on the 3. no more "predicability" from there. my gem of the night though was from the close 2 man passing to the close goalie around the post area and then shootin'. i was just feelin it and it was sweet. I did lose 1 of 4 games.anyhoo, I GOT TO PLAY!

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »
It's a steal world, and livin' with the ball is the way to be.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 08:35:28 PM »
Sounds like fun B. If I get back into it with this table I might have to travel around and make some connections with you guys since my wife likes traveling. It sounds like Seattle is hot so I'll have to try that too but only after I make sure I don't embarrass myself. My biggest challenge will be to learn that snake shot. I haven't seen it done so all I'm left with is my imagination. Sure I tried to view it on some you tube bits but the quality was so poor that I couldn't tell much from it. Basically it sounds to me like they got a ***ed gun that they can use at anytime it seems open but is there as fast a move laterally as a pull, push, pull kick and push kick with the rollover? I got an email from the guy to come over tonight and see or get the table so I guess that is what I'm going to do. I think I'll have alot of fun getting to know what my left hand can and can't do again and if  that snap in the right wrist  is still there which was my bread and butter. I want to be able to make a post like you did some time in the future, Great night playing foosball,,,

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 09:43:25 PM »
the rollover is definately as fast as any lateral movement on any shot, probably faster

it definately has the most deceptive take off and so the beginning of the shot is very hard to follow and by the time you can tell it is going it is already to the long hole on medium speed and up

here is some super slow motion shots which are very clear...it won't help with the grip but you will at least see what the motion is

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mark%20murrell&search=Search&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&spell=1

if you want to see how foosball is done on a competitive level now you will want to get the tournament DVD's from Jim Stevens and Inside Foos Productions

He has been covering the majors since 1994...you will learn a ton and you can study how the game is played today by the best players in the world...HIGHLY recommended

http://www.insidefoos.com/taxonomy/term/5?PHPSESSID=d4be379d5273519acafb2c4792129244

there is some step by step stuff available free on the web on how to shoot a rollover and I think you could probably find at least one thread on FoosballBoard using the search feature

http://www.player1.us/

charles

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 10:29:05 AM »
go on you tube and watch the billy pappas versus bowers and mares colorado state finals theres a total of 5 games and billy is mostly on the right side of the table shooting the snake up front...it'll give you an idea of how good and fast it can be...

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 10:38:05 AM »
yes, right now, Billy has the fastest and best rollover on the planet and I would dare say, the fastest to date...he does everything really well and his lateral speed on all shots is as good as it gets....i have watched a lot of video on Billy and I will point out one thing I have never heard anyone else talk about...look at how little his shoulder and body are involved...it is more like his shoulder is the pivot point...if you watch him in singles and see his 2 bar shooting pushes and pulls you will see the same thing...very little wasted motion

by the way, he has one of the top couple 2 bars in Tornado (non-bank) history

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
A great night playing foosball is when you beat two or three pros and promasters in a DYP.  I once beat Archer, Radack and Ory one night.  That was a Great night!

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »
How about skunking them and making them whine? My attitude is "skunk three people". If I'm playing back and I get the ball five times, well I've had a shot at it then. Not only do I want to skunk the opposition, I want to skunk my forward too. Seems to motivate my partner to get the ball and score.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 01:22:20 PM »
hey ed who did you draw that night....a local or a big name?  Beating that many bignames is defiantley a notch in anyones game...grats

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 03:41:08 PM »
I had a great night foosing last night. all the guys, and some chics, came over to get down. I'd say i played great in my 2-12 beer prime, and after that it was just about fun. there was a couple times when my goalie was gettin schooled so we would switch. I gotta tell ya, seeing holes and scoring at will from the 2 bar is soooo fun. Push,pull, kicks everything was pretty much working. I do , however think that it might be time to upgrade the competition a little. ie tourny's @ fast eddies, yall are gonna kill me but i still have not made it out there to watch. Anyway, last night was a blast and I GOT TO PLAY !!!!!!

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 10:15:34 PM »
Frank Espinosa

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 11:02:22 AM »
Always seek the top competition. It makes you better.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 12:10:42 AM »
So i played last night. Bunch of friends came over for the Spurs/Mavs game.(big rivalry here) It was very fun. Of course, i played the front some, but mostly goalie. There's really only one guy in my circle o' friends that dominates when he's on. We got paired last night(very rare cause nobody thinks its fair) , i guess cause there were so many players. i wish he would have shot like he did after we got knocked out and split up, when we were a team.anyway it was fun,and the Spurs beat the Mavs, sans tim duncan. Good night,all in all, and I GOT TO PLAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »
 Yup, fun night last night. we didnt even start till after we got home from the bar where we watched the mayweather fight. So we were all very buzzed, but only had three players. Myself,my friend that is very good, and his wife. I decided we should play them-two against myself, with the wife playing forward. it was alot of fun. i smoked them both games we played. i usually dont have as much fun when i play singles (and or this situation) but last night was a blast. i surprised my buddy who was defending me, with some fierce pushes and of course was money from the goalie. Welp , that  was my night.....