Foosball.com Forums

Whats the difference between the twister II and the Whirlwind?

Whats the difference between the twister II and the Whirlwind?
« on: November 29, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »
subject just about says it all, I have a Twister II I know its not a high end tornado, but how does it fit into the tonado food chain. Ive looked and I don't think they even offer the Twister II anymore. Thanks

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
Re: Whats the difference between the twister II and the Whirlwind?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 01:11:05 PM »
The Whirlwind was an entry level table after the Twister first came out. The Twister II (I have one) was the next level up the "food chain". Mine had round ball outlets that a hockey puck fit perfectly into. Kind of an odd coincidence. I converted mine to middle rectangular ball outlets in the middle where they should be.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 12:52:26 PM »
I dont know what year it is, but i think its pretty new, when did they stop making them? is there anyway I can tell how old my table is? The Guy I got it from either took really good care of it, or never played it, cause its virtually brand new. I do have end ball returns, and there is a metal plate in the goal box that gives you that sweet sound when you score. I dont have counter balanced men, and the rods are pretty light. any more info on my table would be appreciated

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »
It sounds like pre 2000 for sure. You looked for a serial number? I would guess late 90's, maybe '98 or so. Age doesn't matter as much as miles on one of these.