Foosball.com Forums

Man repair, punching the roll pins out,,,

Man repair, punching the roll pins out,,,
« on: November 30, 2007, 07:14:49 AM »
My new (to me) table needs two men replaced. I got the replacement men when I bought the table as well as some pins. While it seems to be an easy enough process by the looks of it is there anything I need to be aware of? Also what diameter is the roll pin punch that is used? Thanks

Re: Man repair, punching the roll pins out,,,
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 08:55:10 AM »
put a towel under the man when you punch out the pin......keeps debris off the table......look for the roll pin punch on any of the foosball parts stores online.....

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 11:40:33 AM »
I don't know punch size but it is made for this application, it isn't like a normal punch because it has a nipple on the end which fits into the roll pin (just the smallest amount) and so has an edge that sits on top of the edge of the pin

with that said, you can get along without one while you wait for one to be delivered to you

you can punch out the pins if you find something that will fit on the end and push down...if you aren't changing men and only changing a broken pin, you can use the new pin to drive out the old one...only problem is getting the pin to go past flush with the edge of the man

the colth underneath is a good idea and a lot of people (not me but I have tried it) take the "bearing wrench" and put it between the table and the rod to support the rod when you are whacking away at the pin...it fits like it was made for that purpuse

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 11:59:37 AM »
The drill bit I use when I make rods is 11/64ths of an inch. As mentioned in the previous posts you need a special roll pin punch made for the job. In a pinch a flat ended 11/64" drift punch will work. I don't like using another pin, but as a last resort to get under way I will do it. The rod does need support as mentioned, a block of wood or two will do if you don't have bearing wrenches.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 01:57:51 PM »
if you are buying Tornado parts, there is no better place than TornadoFoosball.com  not owned by Tornado, Charles McIntosh...he has been doing this for 30 years and has the best prices around

http://tornadofoosb.powweb.com/store/page6.html

a couple examples
                       Fossball Direct           Tornado Foosball
Roll Pin                 60 cents                      25 cents
Roll Pin Punch        $5.95                          $4.95
Ball                       $3.95                         $2.75

and, if you call and have questions, if anyone answers, it will be charles and you can ensure you are getting what you want  - Like when there were 4 types of men out at the same time he knows his stock and could send you specifically the ones you want or when they were crossing over to the new heat-treated rod or changed vndrs...

the only exception is wraps and wraps bands...the best place for those is foosball.com
http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/wraps.html

some people make there own wrap bands but if you are like me and don't want to take the time, there is no place even close for wrap band pricing....http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/wrapbands1.html

on wraps...I have tried tons and tons of stuff and have settled on Master Wraps...foosball.com carries them and usually has a good supply especially the thin ones which I use but Master Wraps are owned by Terry, Tood, and Rico and you can get them at their site if you prefer (same price) but last time I went to order a bunch of Thin Yellow the Master Wrap website was out and foosball.com had some ... TTR get paid either way so which ever one has what you want....

http://www.masterwraps.com/