Foosball.com Forums

thinking of buying a table t2000 F5?

thinking of buying a table t2000 F5?
« on: December 20, 2007, 11:04:59 PM »
seems the best price i can find on a home t2000 is around 1600, but that is shipped on ebay ($1250 + $350 for the shipping), so I'm guessing it can be found for less if I find a store and pick it up. 

is the home t2000 any different than the coin op other than the coin mechanism, do they play exactly the same? 

what is a good price for the t2000 home version in a store?

I inquired in a local store and they said there is a new model, the F5, anyone played on one of these?  how does it compare to the t2000?

edit:

got my table, it has a little hint of a smoke smell, but other than that it's great!  it took me a little while to figure everything out, but I like the table a lot. 

Thanks for recommending Charles McIntosh

still working on getting the thing level and deciding where I want to put it for good
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:03:59 AM by foosit »

Re: thinking of buying a table t2000 F5?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »
The description of the product is basically the same.  I have had mine for 6 months and numerous semi pros and other really good players have all said its the best table they've played on in some time....Ive actually moved it 3 times and it is easy to move and very resiliant.  I wouldn't trade itr fo anything.....I had a ctclone II for a few months....traded it in and upgraded...save the cash and buy t 2000....You can find a good used coin op for cheaper though....

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 01:54:30 PM »
Chance,

are you saying you have had an F5 for 6 months or a home model T2000 because there is a big difference

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 12:40:23 AM »
check out dead link.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:14:15 AM by Arthur »

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 11:51:31 AM »
i have the home model not the f5...

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 11:54:56 AM »
tuna i havent seen the newer tables....i like the idea of the cup holders.....whats the main differences i noticed the rods are brushed....anyhting else?????whats the weight of the table...?  I thin kit looks pretty cool though

Offline Rios

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »
A buddy of mine just got a F5 and we broke it in the other night. It is a great table however the only thing is... the table surface is slicker than snot!  Seriously... if the ball is flying around the table, good luck trying to back pin or front pin the ball.  Now I have heard that the coin-op version of the new table has a better playing surface.  Honestly, for that price I would just get a coin-op.  It is cheaper, and will probably play better. 
The main difference between the F5 and the T2000 is the cabinet is different, the F5 is a one piece while the T2000 is a two piece table or flip top, I think the F5 plays ALOT faster than the T2000, the rods on the F5 seem to be alot faster also, again the playing surface on the F5 is VERY slippery whilethe T2000's playing surface is more similar to the grey marble tables.

I would definatly go and play on both of the tables before making that big of a purchase!!!

hope this helps

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 08:56:13 PM »
the T2000's before the F5 were the exact same table as the coin-op minus the coin-op mechanism...the F5 is not the same as the coin-op, it weighs like 100 lbs less

the newest coin-op have some manufacturing issues I haven't heard have been straightened out - serious ones like a warped play surface...so, buy a tournament used late model Grey Marble coin op or an old Brown Marble for $400-$600 and plan to spend some mode bring it up to like new whatever it needs

these new tables are like the first release Grey Marble (30 th Anniversary Edition) which had the slicker surface and other issues...kind of like when MS releases  their latest operatiing system, you don't want to be an earlier adopter...let eh suckers work out the bugs and if you just have to have the latest model, wait a year or until you get word from reliable sources that the kninks have been worked out

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 10:57:03 PM »
anyone know the dimensions of the main part of the table on a t2000?  (the box without the legs and with the men/poles removed)

Offline gcp

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2007, 07:15:19 AM »
Figure 3X5, if you need these dimension for transportation, so it'll fit in the back of an SUV with the rods removed. With the rods installed it's 47" wide, if I remember correctly. I didn't fit into my Freestyle no matter how much I tried. I can give you precise measurements of my coin op on Thursday.

gcp

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 08:48:18 AM »
I found a coin op brown marble t-2000, it looks pretty good from a picture they sent, owner rates it a 8 or 8.5 out of 10. no major damage, needs to be cleaned up a bit though. they are asking $700 for it, I think i might go for it. 

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 09:54:13 AM »
$700 is too high for a Brown Marble even in "good" condition...the newest of these tables is well over 10 years old...get them down to $550 and it will be an okay price but still near top dollar...for $700 I would have to know that all the rods and been replaced with heat-treated rods and all the bearings were new or as good as new and that there were no chips around the goal mouth

if you are looking for a Brown Marble, be patient on ebay and on Craig's list and you will find one priced right

don't pull the trigger too soon unless the deal of a life-time comes up and contact the people and ask question and get good pictures of the surface, walls, goal mouth, bearings, and rods...make sure the rods aren't warped since all rods look normal in a stationary picture...be prepared to spend money to replace at least the 2, 3, and 5 rod on the ball return side and if you can swing it, those same rods on the other side...rods are around $32.5 each so that is $100 to $200 more

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 10:11:13 AM »
thanks for the info bbtuna, i'll be sure to find out about the rods and goal mouths, I probably wouldn't have thought of that. 

How would I check the bearings? 

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 11:37:56 AM »
well 2 things...first, you can look for obvioius external issues with good close up pictures or you can ask them and hopefully they will know...from the outside, the only obvious thing would be a crack or part of it chipped off

I didn't say anything about the men but I am assuming they are all new or like new (that means to me no visible cracks) - men are about $5 a piece so it can add up fast if a bunch of them are bad...nice if they have a few extra because ideally you would like to have 3 black and 3 yellow back up and if you get down to 1, reorder 2 more that way you don't run out at that crucial time

another thing about men...it may appear that on the outside the men are fine and that is step one but the reason I say new or like new is because there may be old men on there that are whole and not broken which on the surface seems fine - however, the foot of the man has grooves and if a man is played on long enough, these grooves wear down...

I was having control problems on my table and it didn't dawn on me that I had practiced enough to wear the front toe of my man almost flat...I put a new man on there and it was like getting a brand new table...so, if you can't see the foot, ask the person you are buying it from...or plan to change at least the center man on the 3 bars both 2 bars and probably the near man on the 5 bar

on rods...all rods need to be AT THE VERY LEAST straight no bow at all...a rod with bow can not be straightened...you can live with it and play on it like you do at a bar but there is no reason your home table, which will become your baby, should have bent rods...rods at $32.5 each really add up...I would be willing to bet that the 2 bars are almost for sure bent unless they were just changed and a good chance the 3 bar is as well

this is okay because you are buying a 10-12 year old table but you need to factor in the cost when buying the table

and if you can get all new heat-treated rods on the table, they will last nearly forever and they play much much better...best single improvement to the table in at least 15 years...very very hard to bend them out of shape, they are smoother, and they take less lube to keep in tip top shape

I have a Rosewoood T2000 and replaced the 2, 5, and 3 bars and it was like a new table...one day I will replace the others as well but for now, my practice is covered

Offline Rios

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 04:41:30 PM »
If you are planning on buying the old Brown Marble for $700 I would just save up an extra $300-$400 and buy a Gray Marble table... hell you could get a new F5 coin-op from Mary Moore after her tournys for $1200 save up and get a better table rather than dump in the extra $200 on that old table to bring it up to par... plus you said that it has some damage...
more than likely that old table has spent it's life in a bar taking beer baths...