Foosball.com Forums

3 man vs. 1 man goalie bar

Offline jd

3 man vs. 1 man goalie bar
« on: January 20, 2008, 11:20:10 AM »
I have played a fair amount of high level foosball over the years and never with a 3 man goalie? I am looking to buy a good table and I keep seeing these 3 man goalie tables. What is the deal? Is that a new thing??? Am I just old???? Also, what is the best tornament table now????

Re: 3 man vs. 1 man goalie bar
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »
been the 3 man on back for some time now....

Offline foosinaround69

• No garder snakeshot here, just the AnacondaBackpin
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »
The three man goalie as chance said has been around for quite sometime now it does take some getting used to but after awhile you won't have too much of a proolem with it...  It is so you can reach into the corners cause there aren't the ramps in the corners like the older tables had. As far as tournament tables go it all depends on what you are trying to do as player. Tornado is MY choice, but there are a number of different tables out there that are quite good as well. I say tornado cause when I go to any tourny they are always on tornado. I would however like it if we had other choices in tables to play on in tournys. I know they do internationally and if you travel you can hit some of them that have different tables to play on.   8)

Offline marty

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
jd where ya from i run into the same qustions 2 years ago . if ya have'nt yet
i would try and find a tornado to play on first . and old brown marble sold me i was amazed how fast it played  they do'nt bank as well and the goalie
opening is larger then some of the older tables . in some parts of the us they play on a french table called a bonzini its a single goalie, i have yet to play on one yet but some day i hope to

Offline Billings Semi-pro

• Front pin'n the Tornado table!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:40:44 PM »
One man goalie is how all table should be, imo.  3 man goalie works well and you should not be afraid of it. 

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 11:04:41 AM »
I have played a fair amount of high level foosball over the years and never with a 3 man goalie? I am looking to buy a good table and I keep seeing these 3 man goalie tables. What is the deal? Is that a new thing??? Am I just old???? Also, what is the best tornament table now????

You have been gone for a while.  Glad to see your back. Tell us what table you played on?  TS, Tornado, Dynamo, Challenger?  Since you found us on the net take a look at WWW.USTSF.com to see whats happening these days.  Also, look at WWW.insidefoos.com and look at Jim Stevens video's of todays top players.  There you will get to see my favorite players Fredrico Collignon from Belgin, Billy Pappas, Tommy Adkisson, Tracy McMillin from the US play.  They are as good as Jonny Lott, Steve Simmons and the others from back in the day.   I don't know if you every heard of Todd Lofredo but he is still playing and still winning.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 02:35:48 PM »
i own a tornado tournament table but will in the future get a bonzini and a garlando, but have to wait till I move to a bigger place.....I won't to learn to play on the three..the trick shots done on garlando are unlimited.....not that Im a big trick shot guy the table just looks fun.....Bonzinin is another game