Foosball.com Forums

Painting laminate, and players

Painting laminate, and players
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:57:23 AM »
I recently purchase a dynamo gold medal table from a buddy who moved to a home without a basement.  It's currently in my basement which is painted with an ohio state buckeye theme.  The problem here is that the gold medal table I bought has the blue marble laminate.  I was wondering if anyone had any experience / advise on how to paint the laminate successfully.  I'm not sure yet that I'm going to do this so let me know what you think.  Also, I would like to hear if you guys think painting the men would screw up play at all.  thanks

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: Painting laminate, and players
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 11:11:38 AM »
painting the surface and men would definately change the play characteristics...however, if you only play recreationally, it probably wouldn't matter that much to you...for those of us who are serious about playing, what you are suggesting would be considered a grevious and unforgiveable sin

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 03:46:24 PM »
thanks for the feedback. I am becoming more serious about playing everyday.  However, if it doesn't effect play much the painting I'm thinking about could look cool. I hope someone here has some experience with the issue.  Btw, I was under the impression that some men ate hand painted. Am I wrong?

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 04:44:41 PM »
I think you could paint on jerseys or whatever just don't touch the feet and they should play the same. If you paint the surface you will most likely never get it to the same texture that is used on that table.

my 2 cents

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 05:48:15 PM »
Randy is right...if you don't paint the feet you will be okay...also, don't paint the play surface, there is nothing you will be able to do that will not impact play a lot

if you want to really make the thing cool and not impact play, paint the cabinet and paint the figures Jersey's and pants your school colors but leave the feet and play surface alone

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 06:04:42 PM »
I would leave the blue and ad some yellow lol

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 10:49:07 PM »
Have you thought about some sort of stain for the playing surface instead of paint? Stain isn't as thick and could be a viable alternative.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 01:49:57 PM »
No, I never even thought about painting the surface.  I like that the way it is.  Just the men, and the cabinet.  I thought about not painting the feet, but the dynamo men are red and blue.  The red guys are great, the blue would be a problem, unless I set up the table to be osu vs mich.  Now that I'm thinking about it, that could be cool.  The table is working great, and is turning out some epic battles.  Anyone else here play on a dynamo gold medal?  Should I consider tornado parts for it??

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 11:21:27 AM »
bump

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 01:06:51 PM »
C'mon guys. I'm putting my hand up as a traffic cop does bringing this thread to a screeching halt.

I am declaring " MANLAW "

" THERE SHALL BE NO PAINTING OF MEN, SURFACE, OR LAMINATE TO MATCH CARPET, WALLS, CURTAINS, OR KITCHEN APPLIANCES. " 

hehehehe

MANLAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 01:21:52 PM »
surely you gest.  my basement is a certified man cave.  Just has a buckeye football theme. 

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »
MANLAW! 

The room should be redone to math the foosball table.

C'mon guys. I'm putting my hand up as a traffic cop does bringing this thread to a screeching halt.

I am declaring " MANLAW "

" THERE SHALL BE NO PAINTING OF MEN, SURFACE, OR LAMINATE TO MATCH CARPET, WALLS, CURTAINS, OR KITCHEN APPLIANCES. " 

hehehehe

MANLAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 06:01:42 PM »
Just change to Tornado men and cover the old laminate with your favorite color of new laminate?   GO BUCKEYES.

Offline georgefoos

• Super Foos
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 10:11:34 PM »
Keep it original or sell them.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 11:51:23 AM »
or some "men" might argue the law should read,

"THERE SHALL BE NOTHING IN HEAVEN OR ON EARTH THAT SHOULD PREVENT YOU FROM THE PAINTING OF MEN, HANDLES, OR LAMINATE ON YOUR FOOSBALL TABLE TO BLEND WITH CARPET, WALLS, CURTAINS, AND KITCHEN APPLIANCES TO MATCH YOUR TEAM COLORS IN A DESIGNATED MAN CAVE. "