Foosball.com Forums

Chris Haggerman cheated me tonight

Offline EDGEER

Chris Haggerman cheated me tonight
« on: April 06, 2008, 04:12:43 AM »
Sad part about it is no news flash.  The guy just flat out cheated me at a DYP.  I lost the winners bracket and had to play Haggerman for the losers bracket.   Haggerman being the tournament director called the match up on the only table out of 4 that has one goal blown out about a 1/2" on the shooters pull side.  Of course the side he had just won his last match he played on.  I contested and asked to move the match to 1 of the other 3 table with good goals and he refused saying "I'm the tournament director and I say we play on this table".  When I refused to play on the POS (Piece of Shot) table he forfeited me!  Can you beleave that crap.   I went to James, one of the owners of JJ Dakota's to get him to intervien and he basically told me tuff luck and screw you.   I am going to get with Spirit and Shelly at Clicks Arlington and start a Saturday night Tournament there.  I cant stand for Haggerman's cheating and Jame's ( I have my head up Chris's butt) attitude any longer.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 04:20:42 AM by EDGEER »

Re: Chris Haggerman cheated me tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:35:02 AM »
tournament directors should have rights reserved in which table will be used for a match called ,,, if one team objects ,and the other one doesnt= tough luck ,,if both teams object =change table

i think if the goal is chipped on one side ,then flip for the side ...how hard is that? :) ,,if you end up defending the goal with the chipped side ,then block long! :) but i think chris made the right call on choosing what tables matches will play on, if you dont agree ,dont go to the particular tourney. ,just IMHO. ,sometimes we have to play on what is given us.

if it were me i would play the match on the best table if there was many empty tables to choose from , unless they are all full then youre stuck on the table i call the match on ,no if's and's or but's about it .TD word is final ,but every TD's discretion is different

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:45:31 AM by deadbarfoos »

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:38:25 AM »
then again i would have to hear some more testimony from other people on chris "cheating" before i beleive the story

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 06:41:27 AM »
You know... that really sucks. Just when it looks like DFW was about to stand on two feet again and take off running. It seems one of the legs is diseased.

That's why you didn't see me there. I may play there in a bring draw before a major for practice with a partner, but I will not support their weeklys anymore as long as the current director is in place.

Sad.

ICEMAN.

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 07:42:57 AM »
Ben,

For the past 20 years I have been playing in the DFW area, in the losers' bracket, it has been common practice when the teams had a disagreement on tables, there was at least a flip for the table. Neither team has a "right" to any table being that it is a loser bracket match. The fact that a director chooses to use an unfair advantage to demand a table because he is involved is not right. He should have flipped a coin for the table. It's like being called to be a ref in a match when you have to play the winner. If I am the only option, I will do it, if not I won't because of conflict of interest. If it had been the final match and he had the winners bracket that's different. It's common practice in this area that the winner gets the choice of table, they earned it.

Also, in the past 20 years of play, even though there have been many reasons to do so, I have never seen anybody forfeited in a match locally, especially one that would put you in the final, and especially one where the director is involved. Surely he has to realize how this looks.

ICEMAN

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 09:03:45 AM »
what state is this in

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:27:45 AM »
He most likely "lost" more than you did as he sounds like a loser.

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 09:47:31 AM »
Tx.

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 06:33:31 PM »
The fact that there were 3 other empty tables is what got my goat.  I wasn't going to flip for the table because it was just wrong to play a money match on the POS table.  I was the one that played for the winners bracket.  At the very least I should have had the choice.  The fact is Chris will cheat you blind if given half a chance.  If there is an alternative table and in this case there were 3, the match should have been moved to one of the others period.  The table should not disadvantage one side over the other.

The good news is Clicks Arlington is going to start a HBDYP next Saturday. Shelly at Clicks is going to have a double the pot no limit ad every Saturday.  In addition, I am going to Sponsor a points race until May 22nd for a package deal to Texas State.  So come play at Clicks Arlington on Thursdays and Saturdays starting April 10th. It will be alot of fun.  Remember bring teams spot a draw team a hard point.  No split brackets, no seeding here, you play whom you draw just like the old days.

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 07:35:55 PM »
whats the prob. everything in TX is bigger .

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 09:25:48 PM »
i agree, u did get cheated.

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 10:08:35 PM »
I agree too Ed.
That sounds like a crock of crap....He must be short on bills this month.

It really sucks that he did that.
It not only makes Texas foosball look bad but now he'll always be know as a cheater and never have anyone's respect.
And im sure i'll never play in a tourney that he's associated with.

Hope your new tourney works out for everyone. Im sure it will as I know your not a cheater and you care about the players.

ps. where's my movie! You can bring it to Atlanta if your going.   :)

http://www.thisweekinfoosball.foosball.com/gallery.html

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 03:28:15 AM »
i see what you are saying Ice , i wasnt there, i hope Chris didnt do something like that ,but if he did do what you all claim he did ,then i would have frowned upon it , i know i try to be fair in any case and discretion when conducting tournaments big or small ,its just in my blood to be fair ,and i hope Chris does the same for the sake of our foosball community

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 04:08:50 PM »
How can a person be a tournament director and play in the event he is directing? Or rather how can he lose? He makes the rules therefore he is not cheating. Sounds to me like the tournout is going to gradually decline at this event unless a person who is not in the event is charged with the responsibility of directing the tournament.
Oly

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 06:40:34 PM »
How can a person be a tournament director and play in the event he is directing?

Tournament director of a weekly always is and always wil be a player. Who else are you going to get to do it? Its a thankless job that doesnt pay $hitt. 

I dare not comment on anything else in this thread  :P

War

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:44:02 PM by no2bar »