Foosball.com Forums

What table did you first play on and when?

Offline EDGEER

Re: What table did you first play on and when?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 11:11:11 AM »
i started playing on a deutscher meisters around 78 then around 79 we got a t.s brown top some time you would half to wate a hour before
your qurters where up and then ya better win to hold the table oh those where the days

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 11:46:39 AM »
First started playing foos in 1979 while in college. Went to school in Cape Girardeau, MO (SEMO) and the tables in all the bars were Mirco Championship. Very fast surface - a fun table to learn on.

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 05:40:36 PM »
Started on Lehmacher P4P now i am on Fireball.

Other german Tables are Leonhart oder Löwen Soccer.

Regards from Germany

Offline pinalyzer

• Practice safe foosing & always wear a Knee brace
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 05:47:59 PM »
The first table I played on was a Warrior... It was about June 2009 when they first came out and in my neighborhood they first showed up at a local Walmart.  Some friends and me pitched in and bought one.  It was so much fun, one of my friends said that they even used to run big foos tourneys in the old days.
Is that true, why did they stop?
Pinalyzer

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 10:13:01 AM »
They never did stop.  They just start a new tour every 3 or 4 years.

I began on foosball match (a clone of Deutscher Meister).  I'm in my 5th decade.  That's kinda deceptive though....Only been playing 39 years.  I played every table I could get my hands on.  My loyalty went from American in the early 70's to Dynamo, then to Tornado.  Tornado is still my #1 choice (choice?), but I don't care for them moving the World Championships out of the middle of the country and they way they handled the brackets last year.

I actually hope Mary is successful with her new venture.  I root for anybody is doing "something" for foosball even if it's something I wouldn't do or agree with.  It's kind of like the scattergun theory.  If the pattern is wide enough, maybe something will be on target.

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 07:37:56 PM »
I'm for Mary too, good on her,,,

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 09:27:25 AM »
The mystery's unraveled: It's the German "Deutscher Meister" (by the way, that means "German Champion") which is still available, but is considered outdated by the foosing community.

I touched a table first in '87 or so. I think it was a Lowen in the community centre. A few years later I got hooked on the Deutscher Meister and the Lowen, I played them for years and also had a DM at home. (I think they almost changed nothing at the table from it's original)
Then I had a few sleeping years because no one of my friends did play anymore, until summer 2006 when I had the brightest idea  :P to type www.tafelvoetbal.nl on my computer and since then I started playing non-stop till the end of the year 30000000000..... ;D and I like to try to play my game on every table.

Offline foosinaround69

• No garder snakeshot here, just the AnacondaBackpin
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 01:17:02 PM »
Anyone heard of a vulcan table???(kinda like ts men) I played on it when I was in the Army in Oklahoma...It had painted men and it had metal goals...It actually played not too bad...It was sturdy and abit smaller w/crappy white balls...But was ok to play on.....

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 02:12:20 PM »
I played on a Vulcan in 1974 0r 75 at Eastern Guilford High School in NC.
We then switched to Rene Pierre.
Foos in school  ;), and back then if someone stole the balls they were hunted down like dogs.
Played TS Brown Top in 77 and 78
Played Brown Top Dynamo in 82 I think
Played Tornado in 84 or 85. Single man goalie, ramped corners and yellow ball. Freakin great table then.
Always hardcore RP for the most part.
Switch to Bonzini in 1997.
Own a Garlando, EuroSoccer, Tornado, and a 12 Drawer Bonzini.

AC

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 03:38:51 PM »
Started out on a green top around 76, :o bought one in 78 played in a few tounaments, just local, then got hitched, ;D did the family think for about 30 years.  :D
A now just lately got the green top out of storage and have began the road back.  8)

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 04:12:46 PM »
Played on TS brown tops (recreationally, I was a kid and there was a foosball hall in the same shopping center as the grocery store). 
At 16(1985) I started playing on a Rene Pierre with a hard white ball (not the standard cork) at a game room near where I was working. 
College (1987-89), played on some TS knock-off P.O.S.( this table was notorious for breaking men, at one time we had 2 men "repaired" with duct tape and one man replaced with a spoon from the cafeteria, also held on with duct tape.  the student union ran out of money for foosball men replacement).
Different college (1989-1991 or 1992) played on a brown top dynamo.
1990-91 joined a foosball league on Tornado (and been playing Tornado ever since).
1990-1994 played on Stryker at a local bar as well as a couple of larger tournaments
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 1999-2000 I started playing Bonzini (been playing on Bonzini ever since as well). 
Played on Shelti at a couple of local bars somewhere in there. 
Soon to start playing on Warrior this year.

So many foosball tables, so little time!!

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 12:34:27 AM »
My first table I ever played on was in 1989 I was 8 years old. It was a roberto sport coin up that my uncle had it had balls made of ceramic I think. It was so fast it was insane. When I turned 12 I would go to the arcade in the mall. That table was fabi. I played on fabi for about 7 years. I bought a fas table worst table ever I could never score I would always hit cross bar.

I than went to a tournament in Montreal and they played Garlando red white and blue. 3 years after that I played on Tornado and got hooked on that.

Than i met a great group of guys in Montreal and they took me to there place they called foosvision. They had a Bonzini, Warrior, Euro Garlando, Roberto Sport, Euro soccer and Tornado tables. It was an amazing experience.

I than went to europe and played a couple of tournaments on Lehmacher and Euro Soccer.I than met another group of amazing guys In Germany and they had a place they played foos they had Lehmacher, Deutscher Meister, Lowen,Leonhart, Rene Pierre, Tech Ball, Jupiter. Europe has so many different style of tables its awesome. There is a lot of incredible players there. I would go to bars to play and were ever i went i would get competition.

That trip made me realize why Frederico has to stay so sharp. He definitly has a lot of competion.

I just got back from Cuba and there was a table there that I never seen before.the configurations I think if i remember correctly. 1 goalie, 3 def, 4 mid, and 3 forward. The feet of the men were spaced out. It was cool to see didnt play on it cause it was rusted to ***.

Never had the chance to play on TS or Dynamo I would love to play on them.   

Offline foosinaround69

• No garder snakeshot here, just the AnacondaBackpin
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 01:41:45 AM »
 :D

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 09:50:29 PM »
How were the striker tables i heard some local players talk about them .

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 10:23:38 AM »
How were the striker tables i heard some local players talk about them .

The striker was a good table.  Johnny Lott designed it.  Wider feet than on tornado,  very good ball control.  One man goalie, I went to a few tournaments on them, and everyone seemed to be able to execute well, table banked pretty well too.  It would have been better with slightly narrower feet, but that is just my opinion! I was lucky enough to have a couple of locations near me with tables and weekly tournaments on them, so I played them pretty regularly for a couple of years.  Overall a good playing table, just didn't seem to take hold outside of Southern California and Baltimore.  Then they just disappeared (well, the promotions disappeared, the tabled lived on in one form or another through the Dynamo Corporation for a couple of years.)