Foosball.com Forums

So what about the Warrior table.

So what about the Warrior table.
« on: April 22, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »
I keep hearing about it. It sounds like us old TS players would find it's play to our liking. So where are they?

Offline pinalyzer

• Practice safe foosing & always wear a Knee brace
Re: So what about the Warrior table.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
It looks like it has the Foosmen with unusually big feet (FWUBF), I found this ackward on the Striker tables.  It looks like the FWUBF would block more of the hole, which would make for longer games.
The FWUBF also seem to make brush passes easier with the larger surface on the men.
I didn't like going to a tourney on Tuesdays on Tornado and then Thursdays on Dynamo.  The switching of tables is fun at first but it gets to where your game works better on one or the other and you hate to waste time on the table that doesn't fit your game as well.
My thoughts...
Pinalyzer

Offline marty

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »
OM i think its like the legand you played on awile back

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 08:07:48 PM »
Well if the tour comes to the Northwest I want to be there. I miss catching the ball with a pin and going into a shot that hooks rather than "brushes". Wide men and small goals? I like that too. Does it have 3 men on the goalie rod?

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 02:27:40 AM »
nobody is going to want to play an hour and a half match. Foosball is supposed to be an offensive game...
Just think how much longer the tournaments will run.

Regardless... I will play on whatever table is out there. I just hope that Warrior keeps its word to Mary and really supports her tour. Cause if not, you have to wonder how bad the bridges have been burned with Tornado...

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »
Here are some pictures of the Warrior men for those who haven't seen them.

http://www.thisweekinfoosball.foosball.com/gallery.html

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 06:42:44 AM »
Hi.

Looks pretty much like a tornado for me as a european would be interesting if any producer in the us would make a rather different table.

Would love to test a warrior but i dont think there are much around in Austria.

mfg

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 10:32:44 AM »
Rios,

the man's foot looks the same size as the Tornado and if that is true the goal is only 1/2 inch smaller that is only 1/4 inch each side (good match huh?)...anyway...a 1/4 is only -- that long

I don't think this will stretch things out much

with that said, I don't think the goal should be smaller at all, not even 1/2 inch and I definately don't think the feet should be wider...I think Tornado has the pefect size goal and I started on TS

Offline Daniel

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 04:20:25 PM »

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
Rios, if you ever played on the Deutscher Meister table in the 70's you would know that matches don't go an hour and a half even though the feet were wide and the goal small. Good shot's were just that, good shots. Maybe you were around then, I don't know, but each table brings it's own level of play, it's own effective shots and it's own effective defense. The thing is to find a table that allows the best of each or comes close so that styles aren't excluded. Tornado's are fast, that's a given and critical too which is good for separating the men from the boys I guess. But it doesn't support the style of play that many old time foosers enjoyed as well as many Euro players enjoy. It's a well built table and it has become the norm, I'll give it that, but today's players can't relate to what was in the diversity that was enjoyed in the 70's. It has become a rather sterile one dimensional type of play for most. The lingo depicts this, Pass, brush or stick. Shot, snake or pull. That's all you need to know for a front man. This game is a lot richer than that. Fredrico is my hero as that is where the game was going as I remember.  Those tables in Europe allow so many more options, yes, it is about time we get a table that is more playable, gives more to the defense, and let's the shots of the 70's become an option again. Wow, that was a rant wasn't it. Sorry Rios, it's not you, just me sounding off.

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 12:28:33 AM »
Rios,

the man's foot looks the same size as the Tornado and if that is true the goal is only 1/2 inch smaller that is only 1/4 inch each side (good match huh?)...anyway...a 1/4 is only -- that long

I don't think this will stretch things out much

with that said, I don't think the goal should be smaller at all, not even 1/2 inch and I definately don't think the feet should be wider...I think Tornado has the pefect size goal and I started on TS

The goal is about a quarter of an inch smaller (and I say about because I didn't get to measure it when I was there a couple of weeks ago), but that's close.
It Is NOT 1/2" smaller. Not even close.

Im going to see the new prototype again on Wednesday and I'll be sure to take all the measurements for everyone.

The men are almost identical to the Tornado men with the exception of the head and no beveled edges on the feet (which makes it easier to clip or bank). So the foot is the same size as the Tornado man. No reason to worry about having to adjust your shot because of a different foot size, shape or design.

I'll also be shooting some video of the table as well as interviewing Brendan and Mary on the change and posting the videos on This Week In Foosball.

I'd be happy to ask questions on behaf of those who would like to E-Mail me with their question.

As im sure everyone has alot of the same questions, I'll do my best to get to as many as possible.

But please E-mail your questions to me.
You can E-mail me thru This Week In Foosball. Under contact.

http://www.thisweekinfoosball.foosball.com/gallery.html

Thanks!
And Happy Foosin'!

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 08:09:35 PM »
With a new table comes some new rules or will they stay the same?

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 08:11:34 AM »
From what i heard they are submitting the table for ITSF approval.
if they get approved the rules will be the same as every other ITSF table.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 03:44:00 AM »
I just started playing again and enjoying the sport, and here we go again! Why change? Striker was supposed to be the "NEW" table, and all it did was set us all back! We need players! In Nascar terms.......you are throwing out the Chevys, Dodges, and Fords, and saying you have to run a Hyundai!!! It's ludicrous! Only cause if you change tables again, I'm gone! I love the beach!

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 09:10:23 AM »
Chevy, Dodge, and Ford would never tell there race team's "where changing the design of your race car but will not let you have one unless you pay full retail price".

they also would not change the design of cars and hand them over to the drivers the day of a big race.

IMO tornado has not deserved the players loyalty for a very long time, We just didn't have any other options.

The best part of Warrior entering the market will be competition for tornado, we already know warrior tables will be less than half of  a tornado and will offer a 3 year warranty plus the warrior is harder to jar.

maybe just maybe tornado will enter a price war with warrior, offer a comparable warranty program and improve the leg design as a direct result of warrior.

for the record, I've played tornado exclusively since i first started playing over 18 years ago, even with the recent problems with there tables i think it's the best made table there is.

I'm also very much looking forward to switching to a table that is made by a player who is willing to back a tournament series.

if i had to chose between 2 tournaments one on a well built table, high entry fee's, low payouts, outdated software and in VEGAS. the other one on a wallmart brand, low entry, high payout using the best tournament software ever built.

i would chose the wallmart brand.