Foosball.com Forums

Hey Lake Players

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
Hey Lake Players
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:33:55 PM »
I know this is a little early, but I wanted to get a word in. I will be in the Lake area Aug.10th-17th and will want to know the best night  (or possibly 2 nights) for foosball, as well as the bar(s) it will be at. I had a great time last year playing pickup games (I think it was at Woody's) and I would like to hit a local tournament if possible. Keep me in mind as the date draws nearer. Thanks.

PS. Not for sure, but talking with Dave Darian (Shane Darby's step-brother who now lives by me) he may also be in the area at that time also. It would be great to have some foosers for us to hook up with over vacation. See you then.

Rick

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Hey Lake Players
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 01:08:39 PM »
Hey Rick,

We are playing DYP's at Pickled Pete's on friday nites..Somewhere around 8-8:30ish. They have (2) tables that are maintained well. Woody's is a great place for a pickup games on
Saturday nite's but no tourneys held there anymore. Funny you mentioned Shane Darby he was in town for his work and we played all week long at Pete's and Woody's 8)

Offline wildcard

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 04:54:33 PM »
Yeah, Shane is one lucky dawg to have a sweetie like Chrissy that lets him foos to his heart's content. I'll keep checking in as the date draws nearer to find out the scoop. Last year I tried Pickled Pete's and there was a couple people playing, they stayed about 1/2 hour then left. At Woody's, we rotated 3 teams and also a nice young lady who played with whoever was available when her turn came. They did stay and play with me until closing, I really appreciated that. Great folks.
Dave is nowhere near Shane's caliber (neither am I for that matter, lol), but he's been coming out every Friday to our local bar in O'Fallon MO so he's getting a little better each time. I even play back for him in some games so he can get some front time and have a little fun, too. He's a nice guy and doesn't mind getting some advice when needed. I think y'all will like him.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:58:11 PM by wildcard »

Offline wildcard

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 07:04:25 PM »
OK, the time is drawing near for us to hit the Lake. Is the foos action still the same (Fridays at Pickle Pete's and Sat at Woodys) ? If not where is the latest place(s) to play for the week of the 10th-17th of August? And is there any pickup action on any other nites? Thanks

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 09:20:05 AM »
Woody's is the foos hotspot these days..Generally Friday nite around 7:30 p.m. You can find some pickup games at Pete's occasionally. But now that i know when you guys are coming down we can get a DYP lined up for everybody.. How many are you planning on bringing? I can also round up some columbia players for that nite..Give me a call (573) 317-7447. My name is Kent.

Offline wildcard

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 11:35:06 AM »
Hey Kent.

I just talked to Dave and unfortunately he will only be there a short time (from Sat 9th until Mon 11th) so he would only be able to play on that Saturday or maybe Sun nite. I will give him your number so he can check on anything happening on Sat nite, or maybe Sun nite. I won't have internet at the Lake, but I will take your phone number with me and call you after I've settled in. I check in to my resort on Susan Road Sunday afternoon on the 10th and check out the following Sunday 17th morning. I should be able to arrange my schedule to play any nite that you can get some locals to gather for a tourney or even just pickup games, so talk with them and find out what is the best nite for them and I'll work with that. I'll understand if they don't want to make the trip in from Columbia for just one person, but I would be happy if even just a few peoiple could meet for pickup games. Last year when I was there Woody's had  2 tables, do they still? I'm looking forward to hanging with you guys, last year at Woody's the people playing showed me a great time. I can hardly wait!

Rick

PS Does Jake, Dean Acton, and Jeff Wright (Ginsu) from Columbia still play? A few years back when Jim Davis had tables in Columbia a few of us St Louisans would make the drive to Columbia and those are the names I remember from back then. I'd be willing to bet that at least Jeff and Dean would come down to visit if they knew I would be there (but then again maybe not, who knows). Anyway, I'd be happy and grateful for any foosaction while I'm there, no matter how small the group. Thanks again Kent for hooking me up .
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:56:57 AM by wildcard »

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 12:35:35 PM »
I haven't seen Ginsu for a long time. Dean played a DYP with us a couple of months ago. And Jake and Taylor have made several trips down to the lake for our tournaments. We have a whole new group of (addicts) who are playing almost every day at woody's.. Some have some game, some are learning and loving what they are accomplishing..Just give me a call when you get in town and i will round up players even if it's just for some pick-up games it's always a good time..I will give Dean and Jake a call and these 2 other cats that have brought some game to the lake lately..

Offline wildcard

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 10:09:14 PM »
Excellent! I'll be in touch!

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 11:08:05 AM »
Hey Kent - good to see you last week. Can you please update me on when you have tournaments over there? I thought you said thursdays but I see you mention fridays in this thread. Thursdays would be tough for me...so wanted to check if you guys still play on fridays. Let me know where you play at..time, etc. I hope to try to get out there sometime this summer. Thanks, and hope to see you back in KC soon!

Chris

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 03:38:14 PM »
Hey Chris where were you for Nationals?? Great time had in St.Louis.. Right now Woody's on Thursdays is the big nite. I can probably organize a friday nite DYP with some advance notice from you guys..I have a lake house down here to for some players in from out of town, couple of boats when we are not foosing. You know the lake is a hot spot in the summer great nite life all the water bars are now open for partying.

Kent
Cell (573) 317-7447

p.s. I got home at 4:30 a.m. from that last KC DYP and it KILLED me!! Try to do that at least once a month if my girlfriend doesn't have me by the twig and berries..Peace

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 05:09:22 PM »
Iowa player going to be at the Lake of the Ozarks this week July 16th-17th...any DYP's or good places to play? Thanks!!

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 08:42:15 AM »
Fool yeah call me when you get in the area and i will round up some players. We have been doing DYP's on thursday nite at woody's in Osage Beach. My name is Kent.

(573)317-7447

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 11:36:06 AM »
Fool what happened to you last nite? Probly be some pick up games going on tonite, if you get this give me a shout..

Offline wildcard

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 04:58:59 PM »
Hey Kent

It's time again for our annual visit to the Lake. We'll be there at OVR from Sun Aug 9th to Sun Aug 16th. Sorry for this short notice, I'm just looking for pickup games 2-3 times that week, you don't have to go to any trouble for a special tourney or anything. You guys still hanging at Woody's? My cell # is the same, and hopefully yours is too. I'll buzz you when we get to town.

Laterz,

Rick

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 09:52:46 AM »
Hey Rick your going to have to call me and give me your cell number again, i have a new phone and lost all my numbers (thanks lakewater ha) Still some players going to Woody's for Thursday nites but it's been kinda dormant through the summer months and usually picks up around this time of year. I can get us some pick-up games just give me a shout when you get in town.

Chao

Kent