Foosball.com Forums

F5 Coin-Op

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
F5 Coin-Op
« on: June 17, 2008, 12:41:03 PM »
What is the action like on these tables?? I have owned (2) brown marbles and currently play on a grey marble at the place we hold our tournaments. I am curious if the play on the F5 is more like the brown marble (fast) or like the grey marble (control) can anybody please tell me I am considering buying a used F5 coin-op for my home.

Thanks 

SNAKE

Re: F5 Coin-Op
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »
I have experience with only one brown marble and I own a 30th anniversary grey marble (first run)...I'd have to say that the new tables with the aluminum siding (assuming that is what the F5 is) play more comparably to the recent grey marble. I think my grey marble plays fast but the later models grey marbles with the new surfaces played more slow and controlling. Someone in our area just bought an F5 from the US Open and I have to say that it is a very nice table and plays awesome. The F5 "feels" much better than mine at home and the control is as good if not better. If you're buying used, make sure you find out if it has the new bearings. These were fixed during the last run and were at the US Open. You'll know if they are not the new bearings if the ball will easily pass through the 3bar men when pinned against the wall. They had these tables at the MI states, and in order to catch a hard wall pass, I had to pull on the 3bar. Not fun!