Foosball.com Forums

Meet Ball

Offline Steve

• Showdown
Meet Ball
« on: June 20, 2008, 09:01:29 PM »
Oh ya I player the 28th ranked player in the world in a DYP I had to switch to a front pin because my pull wore me out .Big R.O. from Detroit . 8)was relentless he kept getting me on his far wall brush up pass anyway the ball flew around the table I circled the ball as it rolled to Big R.O.s 5 man I knew it would be a brush up pass sure enugh it scooted by me my partner blocked his first shot but he got it right back and scored even though we lost I was a great match. I hope to play somemore playes of that caleber.

Offline Steve

• Showdown
Re: Meet Ball
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 10:35:54 PM »
I really need spell check...wow

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 03:12:56 PM »
are you "american" (or drunk)?  if not, we forgive you.  if so, you failed ;-)  who's "R.O."?

Oh ya I player the 28th ranked player in the world in a DYP I had to switch to a front pin because my pull wore me out .Big R.O. from Detroit . 8)was relentless he kept getting me on his far wall brush up pass anyway the ball flew around the table I circled the ball as it rolled to Big R.O.s 5 man I knew it would be a brush up pass sure enugh it scooted by me my partner blocked his first shot but he got it right back and scored even though we lost I was a great match. I hope to play somemore playes of that caleber.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »
Steve:  Dump your IE and get Firefox.  It has a built in spell checker.

Redterror:  My guess is, R.O.= Ron Olsen (probably)

Solid player.  Could carry a lot of goalies long distances.

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 09:45:42 PM »
Ron Olson is the man he can play for sure.
are you "american" (or drunk)?  if not, we forgive you.  if so, you failed ;-)  who's "R.O."?

;D.
My suger was low..

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 01:58:36 PM »
Ron Olson is the man he can play for sure.

Yeah, Ronzilla's got that topside brush-up.  But I heard from Kyle P (also Michigan) who comes down here to South Florida to play, that he rarely plays anymore?  Wonder if all this Warrior excitement's got him back?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 06:26:09 PM »
Ron just came off fighting cancer for the past year(ish) and wasn't playing during his treatments...he just recently was given a clean bill of health, YEA!!!  and just started kicking it around again

Ron had risen hard through Semi to Pro Master and was certainly on his way to becoming a top player if he kept at it when he got the bad news...he is a very well liked player from everything I can tell

it is great to know he is on the better side of the big C right now

you can read the saga here
http://foosballboard.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3883&highlight=ron

and his follow up on May 14 that he is cancer free
http://foosballboard.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7915&highlight=ron

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 09:04:23 PM »
Thanks for the news...
Very glad he made it through!