Foosball.com Forums

I finally found a coin-op!

I finally found a coin-op!
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:00:22 PM »
After looking for as long as you guys have been recommending the coin-op, I finally found one for $550. It's sitting in the back of my truck right now. What I want to know is how does it come apart so that I can get it in the house. I'm probably asking a little premature as I haven't opened it up to see how the legs are attached but it's always good to get good advice.

Offline Steve

• Showdown
Re: I finally found a coin-op!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 10:46:28 PM »
I would take the bars off replace pins clean it good carry it in with out the bars on. The legs might be a pain

Offline marty

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 12:08:25 PM »
all right om what color is it , ya might be able to just take the top cabnet off
and take it in 2 peices with the legs on , depends how many doors ya need to go in

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 01:06:33 PM »
It's a brown marble table. I looked at it opened and noticed that the hinges aren't too bad to take off and also noticed two bolts on the top of the legs. So is it possible to take off the top and the legs making it into somewhat manageable pieces?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »
yes, the top slides off the hinges real easily but it takes two people

it you take the top off, you should be able to get it in the house without taking the legs off

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 06:12:24 PM »
Thanks guys, I did take the top off as well as the legs. I had to take the legs off due to a little jog in the room right by the doorway. What do you mean it takes two guys( I flex my arms here). A determined fooser is not to be denied. It was a bitch though getting it all back together. Now I've tried it out and think maybe new bushings are in order. There is a little raspiness in the movement and a bit too much play on some of the rods. I remember someone posting about polishing the bushings and would like to do that also. The rods seem straight and the men aren't too worn so I think the bushings are the answer to making it the table I had hoped for.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 07:22:21 PM »
The beauty of getting this table at this time is that next weekend there is a good sized tournament  going on in Portland. I know I posted once before about finally going to a tournament but it never happened due to low turnout. That's happened twice now. Both times I got to play some of the better players for practice and felt I could dominate if I had a handle on my game.  But switching from the Tornado Whirlwind to a coin-op always left me tentative due to the difference in play and feel. So next weekend I play with the goal of having fun, doing some good things, and let them have a taste of KITCHEN SINK FOOSBALL! Oh I hope I find the comfort zone as there will be the Seattle boys as well as the Portland crowd. BBtuna, ya want to make a trip to Portland?

Offline marty

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 12:13:10 PM »
nice a brown marble some will say thats one of the best tables tornado
made i no we have one in town here and it plays a lot faster then a newer
gray marble thats allso in town here , i'm sure you allready no this but ya could try and tighten the nuts thats on the bearings with play also i found
that rubbing alcohol cleans the playing surfese good , om do you use hand raps i tell ya me being a player that played in the late 70s and never touched a table in the 80s and 90s and started playing again 2 years ago
first thought what would ya need hand raps for well i tryed some and it made all the differnts for me on some of my shots  anyway good luck at your
tournment and i think you will be happy with your table

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »
Thanks for the info Marty. No I hadn't tried tightening the nuts and will give it a try. The rubbing alcohol sounds like a good Idea also, I notice little black greasy spots showing up from I don't know where. I do play with wraps and agree it's a must have. I also played through the 70's  until 1980. I started back about a year ago and find things are going  pretty good. This table is the answer to a lot of my problems as touch and feel are the biggest things in holding me back.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 08:38:45 PM »
Congratulations on getting a table.

Having a table for practice is a the best way to hone your execution.  You still need to get out in the world and play against live competition to assist your timing.  We need more 'ol folks back in the game.  Show up in Vegas and I'll buy you a beer.

It won't be long before Todd can play in the 50 and older.  I'm hoping they'll make it progressive...Todd's age plus one.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »
And by the way.  Don't overtighten the bearings or the legs.  It can make the bearings feel sticky and can strip the bolt right out of the leg.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 08:39:01 AM »
Thanks for the advice, Papafoos. Last night I went to a small tournament. I took 2nd which isn't too bad after 28 years of not playing in a tournament, at least it's a starting point. I've got my work cut out for me getting my brain and hands in sinc. I overshot maybe 80% of the shots I tried due to being so keyed up. This table is going to go a long ways to help me get my confidence up.