Foosball.com Forums

Foosball Restoration Complete

Foosball Restoration Complete
« on: June 24, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »
  Well, about a month and a half ago a friend asked me if I would be interested in a foosball table. I used to play when I was younger, even had an old junkie Sportcraft table that I got for Christmas one year, so I said hell ya. Not knowing anything about foosball tables I was reluctant to take this thing because it was in such bad shape.
  I decided that I would take it and try to restore it. I could tell that the table was made very well and knew that this could be a really good investment. With some help from the guys on this site, a little elbow grease, and a total of $65 (pin tool, a few new men, silicone, steel wool, etc) Ive got myself a really nice and very playable Foosball table.

Here are some pics of the restoration. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the table is a brown marble Tornado T2000 Coin-op from the early 90's.

Re: Foosball Restoration Complete
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 08:25:53 AM »
Good going! I just bought one too, serial number 206531. I'm replacing all the inner bushings and have silicon coming with the order. I have a spray silicon I use on my archery gear but it seems too thin for that smooth action. I'm also getting some new balls as the ones in it were cheap smooth sticky balls. How did the bars come out after steel wooling them?

Re: Foosball Restoration Complete
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 01:20:06 PM »
 The bars came out really well. Much better than I expected. Not all of them are perfect but a few of them were in really bad shape. I worked hard on getting them as good as I could. Id say that I put 30 - 45 minutes into each pole with the steel wool and some WD40. Also, after I was done I gave them all a really good once-over with some fine wool. Then to finish them off I polished them with Never Dull.  Ill probably still replace a few of the bad poles and bearings in the near future.

As far as the silicone. You are going to be so impressed at how well that stuff works. It made all of the difference in the world. I really couldn't believe how smooth the play was with that on there.

Also, you should be careful about using new bearings on old poles and vise versa. From what I understand if your bearings are scored and scratched and you buy new poles, it will just damage the poles. I think the same goes for damaged poles with new bearings. Just something for you to look into.