Foosball.com Forums

Possible Tourney in Bozeman Pending

Offline Billings Semi-pro

• Front pin'n the Tornado table!
Possible Tourney in Bozeman Pending
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:36:35 PM »
Jeff Pipkin is thinking of Hosting a state tournament with 30th aniversary tables and some tables as top prizes.  He has held tourneys at his barn before that ran smoothly and were a blast.  Entry fee will be higher than our past Monatan state tourney but there are tables on the line.  Anyway we are looking for some feedback.  Rally your troops and give us some feedback.  For example, what part of monatana are y'all from and how many players plan to attend.

Jeremy

Offline Will17

Re: Possible Tourney in Bozeman Pending
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 12:36:41 PM »
I'll come down from edmonton in alberta. bring at least 1 person with me

Offline marty

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:52:38 PM »
well jeremy i'll come from north central montana i'll bring 1 player

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 10:27:56 PM »
I am sure a couple of players from South Dakota will show up and maybe a player or two from North Dakota.  I am hoping to here how many Kalispell and Billings players are planning to go.  Canada always has the best players and I expect the same this time around.  Looks like there will be 7 tables for this event.  I am waiting to here some more feedback and then I will call Jeff Pipkin back up.

Offline Will17

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 03:36:22 PM »
When would this tourney run?

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »
I will be more than happy to help out.  I have spoken with Warner Blake of Kalispell, and he will pass it on.  The question is, how many teams will show from Bozeman?  Also we should talk about seeding......Get back to me Jeremy, I will also touch base with Jeff, I am surprised he did not call me.

Bill

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 08:34:23 PM »
I only spoke with him a couple of days ago so all this is new.  He is selling all his tables and I suggested he throw another barn tourney.  I will rally as many players as possible from Billings and elsewhere.  Just remember the entry fees will be much higher than we are used to-just a heads up.  Jeff and I talked about having a begginers event that would be atrractive enough to draw the bar players who are not up to playing some of the higher seeded players.  I will help any way I can.  I have no idea when this tourney will happen.  I will talk to jeff sometime soon to see where he is at with all of this.  If more player commit to this tourney then I am sure it will happen.  He needs at least 25 players/teams per event.

Jeremy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 04:08:13 PM »
 Just talked Bill a couple minutes ago, sounds like it is about time we did another tourney at the 'Barn". I am sure that we can get atleast a couple of teams from kalispell to come down for the festivities. It would help alot for scheduling purposes if we had a tenative date for the event. Also I lost Jeff Sr.'s phone # in my last cell phone so if anyone could post that info I would like to give him a call to see if there was anything that I could do to help.

Thanks,
Warner Blake
Flatheadfoos.com

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 12:27:05 AM »
This tourney would run sometime this October if there is enough interest.  Jeff's Pipins's Number is 406-580-2841
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 08:23:37 PM by Billings Semi-pro »

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 05:57:04 PM »
Jeff said if there is enough interest then he is up to having another tourney. The Billings players are not responding very well but I will be patient with them.  I heard that there have not been any dyp's in Billings for awhile.  Anyway, I will be there for this Tuesday, for sure.  I will bring my older bro with me to. 

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 08:26:29 PM »
I am almost done with the flyer.  Looks like Bill Todd will be the TD.  Jeff really wants to sell some of his tables.  So, spread the word on that.  Looks like we will be hosting package deals that incorporate a tone of specialty events.  For example, 3 on 3 (must have one girl on team), forward shoot out, goalie wars, 2 ball roller ball, dyp a/b draws, 4 on 4 teams (2 pro, semi-pro limit per team), beginner events, ect.  It is all in the works.  More later. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 08:24:09 PM by Billings Semi-pro »

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »
Warner Blake what is your number?  Mine is 406-245-5061.  In fact, anyone interested about the tourney can call me.  Warner we need your help to pull this tourney off.  What can you do to help?  Round up as many players from your area to make the event, spread the word.  Brush up om all the rules~you would make a great ref.  Also, assist Bill Todd in directing the tourney.  Call me or Bill.  Looks like the 10th-12th is out of question as these dates will not work for Jeff!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 08:24:57 PM by Billings Semi-pro »

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 02:44:26 PM »
My number is 539-2881 (Cell) or 388-4324 (home)  We need to get this going, also we need to help Jeff out, if he wants to get rid of some tables lets help him.  Any one needing a place to stay during the tournament can crash at my place.  (Kalispell and Billings players are always welcome)  JH e-mail me a list of what you want me to do.  Same with Warner.  I might go play at Molly's tonight so I will be pushing this on players
Bill T

Warner get off your ass and pressure the guys.  All they are looking at is cost for gas money and tourney fees, anyone who wants to land at my place can.

JH, call me or e-mail me as to who you want me to pester about coming.  WE NEED A GOOD SHOWING FROM MONTANA!

Offline Will17

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »
Give me a date that this tournament is on and I will see how many people i can bring, if you want more peopl that is. also can someone ballpark estimate the entry fee?

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 07:19:24 PM »
Hello folks,

Not sure this tourney is going to happen at all.  I, myself, cannot get away from work and family responsibilities are prohibiting me from spearheading this event.  I asked Warner Blake for help but have not heard anything directly from him.  I am sure Blake and Todd could work together with Pipkin and make this event happen.  It is sad that more players (locally) can't pull together and help out with the type of stuff on a common basis.  Nevertheless, I will do what I can when I can but it looks like a miracle must happen for me to even be able to show to a tourney much less create time to head it all up.  Call Jeff Pipkin if y'all are interested in helping out.  Sorry, I can not do more.  However, there are many players who can and have the ability but do nothing.  Thanks to all who voluteer to help.