Foosball.com Forums

Custom built table

Custom built table
« on: August 20, 2008, 09:19:52 PM »
I'm currently making a foosball table and am having a problem with the rods.  i have seen where fiberglass rods are now made, as a cost effective alternative to steel. has anyone played on them and if so what was the play like.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: Custom built table
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 03:14:36 AM »
I'm currently making a foosball table and am having a problem with the rods.  i have seen where fiberglass rods are now made, as a cost effective alternative to steel. has anyone played on them and if so what was the play like.

I have played on browntop TS million-dollar tables in the Midwest, where they replaced the broken solid rods with lime green fiberglass rods.  They were extremely smooth, with the weight coming from an iron or steel core.  I don't know exactly where they made them, but I believe the two of the biker regulars at that bar (Dugan's Deli, Ames, IA) who supplied them worked at a metalworks shop that built huge iron and other metal gates and wall trim.

They were lighter than the standard TS rods, heavier than Dynamo hollows, and probably very close from what I remember to Tornado rods.  You'd have to tell whichever ironworks shop the exact weight of a Tornado (hollow), Warrior (solid) or Bonzini (telescoping metrosexual) rod for a good match.  :)