Foosball.com Forums

Table Advice: Repair or Replace?

Table Advice: Repair or Replace?
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:33:17 PM »
I'm part of an organization at school that plays a lot of foosball. But... the foosball table in the office is a Tornado Cyclone II, but it has some serious playfield issues. The balance on it seems to be quite off. I've tried using a level to level the table, but when it's level in the middle, it's off-level at the 3-man (et cetera et cetera). Furthermore, some of the rods (namely the 2-bars) are bent. I really want to replace it with a coin-op, though the rest of my organization don't exactly see the point. Is there any way to fix these issues without actually replacing the table? And is it worth it?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: Table Advice: Repair or Replace?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:41:34 PM »
table top replacement $250, Rods $35 each, plus shipping for both and maybe a few other parts and you are nearing $400 (by the way, a Cyclone used should sell for around this amount)

you can get a solid coin-op for $400-$600 plus pick up or shipping

it will be more to get a coin-op unless you get super lucky but after you get one, you will only need some ongoing maintenance for the next 20 years

if you can get them on board, by a new coin op but if they won't go for that, you will have a hard time getting $400 out of it for repair

Offline Will17

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »
can the bars get switched out so the 2 bar and goalie rod are different? it wouldn't matter as much if the 3 man goalie was bent.. not sure how much work it would be to switch the men around and what modification would need to be done to the bars.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 02:13:51 PM »
different rods, they can't be switched

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 12:39:24 PM »
seems like a nice tabletop, but i need trued rods too :(

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 01:10:19 PM »
you can't get fix your situation without a serious investment of time and money

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »
I bought a cherry coin-op on Craigslist for like $600. Was a very worth while investment. Granted it probably ended up costing me more around 750 because of gas and pickup and stuff, but regardless you could probably raise some funds doing some like foosball tournament or something at your school.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »
Syronis has it right...find the money and by a coin-op...if you set your sights on this, you will know the goal and do what you need to do to make it happen

good luck and keep us posted on how it goes

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 01:31:19 AM »
BMTran,

Why don't you wait till the Tornado F6's come out, which, just like with any new adopted race car models and types, immediately obsoletes (not all of them) one or more of the previous models.  There will always be people willing to ante up for the latest model, thus having to put their current one on the block.

If you enjoy the play of the standard Tornado, and do not need the current model to prepare, like those who tour more often generally like to do, you might see several more available coin-ops put on eBay and CraigsList after October.

The fact that these used Tornado coin-ops in good condition can last for decades with due care can really help your club or league or foos group.

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 04:15:59 AM »
That's a great idea Killah, wait for the table to drop in price due to the insurgence of a new table.

On a totally off subject, just had a party at my house 5 team DYP, was alot of fun, played intentionally with the worst guy in the field, still won, but sparked some interest in foos to those around me... so all in all a very satisfying night.... and alot of keystone ice drank.