Foosball.com Forums

Live Streaming: Tornado World Championships

Offline Daniel

Live Streaming: Tornado World Championships
« on: September 22, 2008, 05:52:32 PM »
Starting Thursday 9/25/2008 at 6pm Pacific Time, Inside Foos Productions and NetFoos.tv will be live streaming from the Tornado World Championships in Las Vegas. Jim Stevens and Brad Anderson will be commentating from the finals area as well as providing interviews, updates, and trivia contests. Visit NetFoos.tv to access this FREE Live Streaming event.

http://www.netfoos.tv/
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:41:58 PM by Daniel »

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: Live Streaming: Tornado World Championships
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 01:07:28 AM »
Should be a great historical event.

Could be the last great national/international showcase of twenty years of US American power foosball, with great under-rod shots like the pull and pullkick, and supreme tic tac'ing at blinding speed.  The new softer and quieter balls, will most probably make foosball closer to the quieter (by comparison) Euro game.

It'll be like a look into the past, after October.  I like the Euro game, too, but just because I also like watching the tennis clay courters in Europe does not mean I wish most American courts should convert from hardcourts to clay, too.  Or grass, for that matter.  This conversion to ITSF is extreme and stupid, IMHMFO. 

What made and PROVED Rico was great was not his showing off his talents stateside on Euro tables, but how he was able to adjust and show how to have a fantastic game on hard, less grippy balls, and completely differently shaped men on alien Tornado tables.  The same way Nadal and Federer show their dominance... the difference in surfaces magnifies their accomplishments.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 12:58:43 AM »
Well this is going to be a tough decision... I can watch foosball, or watch the presidential debates... or maybe I'll try to do both. Thanks for posting this on the boards, because I'm definitely going to look into watching some of the live streaming tournaments. Do you know when they'll be broadcasting from-until on Saturday?

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 02:41:52 AM »
Well this is going to be a tough decision... I can watch foosball, or watch the presidential debates... or maybe I'll try to do both. Thanks for posting this on the boards, because I'm definitely going to look into watching some of the live streaming tournaments. Do you know when they'll be broadcasting from-until on Saturday?

Syr,
So why don't you watch both?  Have the worlds playing on your computer while you watch the debates!  This way, you won't miss any great games going on, until about midway through the debate, when McCain or OBamBam say something like "Yo Mama!" or something.  Then you can concentrate on McCain throwing a roundhouse punch while Barack takes his chair and tries to "Jackass" the Republican.  Then the foos teams playing on your computer should be trading sides and unwrapping/wrapping, while Sarah Palin jumps in with a flash frozen 3foot Coho Salmon and tries to make Obama see the Northern Lights.   You can then just see Joe Biden crawl from under the tables to behind McCain's legs and grab them while Obama tries to clothesline McCain from in front with his microphone antenna and his BlackBerry.

You should be seeing the "money" quarters and late loser's matches at Worlds just as security jumps in led by Jerry Springer and Dr. Phil, and tries to stop the melee, just as Palin tries to cold-*** Joe Biden with the ice-water pitcher.  It should work out perfectly!  You won't miss anything, even the end, when you look at the TV as they're leading Geraldo Rivera away for hiring the ventriloquists in the audience who instigated the donnybrook.

You could text your grandchildren one day that you were there, in your underwear, one sock missing, eating ice cream, cold pizza, chicken wings and poptarts, drinking cold coffee still in the mug from the Friday morning before, as all this happened.  Your grandchildren probably won't believe you, anyway, but hey, you'll have flashbacks the rest of your days.  So don't miss either event!

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
Wow... I don't even know what to say to that. I started laughing really hard as I was reading it though. Well if I don't move my foosball table from my living room, maybe I'll work on my five rod passing, while watching the presidential debates with the comp displaying some foosball. That would be the life.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 08:01:45 PM »
Wow... I don't even know what to say to that. I started laughing really hard as I was reading it though. Well if I don't move my foosball table from my living room, maybe I'll work on my five rod passing, while watching the presidential debates with the comp displaying some foosball. That would be the life. 

Glad you enjoyed it.  And find that other sock!

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
I really hope that the videos actually get commentary as the tournament goes deeper. I watched tonight for a while and didn't even get to see any matches. I missed a few I'm sure because I had bowling league (I need to buy a wrist brace for bowling because of a foosball injury strangely enough) but there wasn't alot to see when I got back, so I was a little bit disappointed. The tournament is still young though, so hopefully I'll get to see some good matches yet.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 01:08:06 AM »
.... (I need to buy a wrist brace for bowling because of a foosball injury strangely enough) ....

Uh-oh... looks like we're going to lose another fooser to the darkside...  Nate's gonna have to go rollover!  Wrist injury + continued bowling league = Nooooooooooo .... ;D

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 01:37:33 AM »
Honestly, I would much rather shoot a pull shot, I'm more comfortable with it. I shoot it with more accuracy as well. The wrist brace I want to buy mostly so I don't overstress my tendon while I let my arm heal. I really don't like the rollover. I also told my bowling team that I might have to take next week off just to rest up so I can go play Foosen for the Heart in STL in late October, and also be fully healed for MO state. I will be playing Beginner/Rookie with some confidence, but honestly unless I can get my front 3 working with some consistency I don't think I stand a chance in anything else. I don't know... first major tournament in November and I'm already hurt... we'll see what happens.

If anything I'll go to give ol' man tuna a hard time ;)

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 12:16:58 PM »
Honestly, I would much rather shoot a pull shot, I'm more comfortable with it. I shoot it with more accuracy as well. ..... If anything I'll go to give ol' man tuna a hard time ;)

That's why they call it "The Darkside".....  You don't start out wanting to do it, but it really helps, especially when your wrist and tendons get sore....  and duct tape can't really help.

Good luck on the tournaments!