Foosball.com Forums

Most Improved ~ Let's have your vote!

Most Improved ~ Let's have your vote!
« on: October 13, 2008, 10:42:40 PM »
Please vote only once so we know who to tease!   ;)

Mandy
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:09:28 AM by LahTera »

Re: Most Improved ~ Let's have your vote!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »
One more day to vote!

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 11:04:48 PM »
Hey Mandy,

Does the most improved player of the year get free entry to the next DYP, BYP, a trophy, or maybe even a free drink?  (MIP as we call it down here - we just had our awards 2 weeks ago, and the Forward of the Year, Most Improved, Goalie of the Year, Sportsman of the Year all got plaques).  Mark Winker started the voting polls right after our Florida States, and we've had it for 3 years in a row.

That is such a great idea.  Noone appreciates an award as much as the award or recognition from their own peers.  They might joke about them, but there are very few awards in life more trustworthy.

How does that saying go?  A fooser is several people:  The fooser as he/she perceives himself/herself to be, the fooser as only their mommy would know, the fooser as seen through the eyes of everybody else, and the fooser as perceived by their last DYP partner where they played horribly.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 04:17:31 AM »
LOL!

Hon, you know I don't run the tourneys.  I just thought people might like a little recognition here, which is more my domain.  ;)

But the end of the points race will give some rewards.  :P

Mandy

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 10:16:48 PM »
LOL!
Hon, you know I don't run the tourneys.  I just thought people might like a little recognition here, which is more my domain.  ;) But the end of the points race will give some rewards.  :P
Mandy

Umh-hmmmmmhhh... And exactly what kind of rewards are we talking about here??  ;D

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 03:16:41 PM »
For some reason when I replied last time, I was thinking you were someone else -- LOL!

Rewards:  We get $200 for being at the top of the list at points at the end of the season.  Another $200 goes to top Semi-Pro.  Another $200 goes to top female.  Another $200 goes to top Rookie.  I might be forgetting one -- not sure.  If Kevin would get on here and reply, we'd know.  LOL!

Sometimes I get both female and semi-pro, but I only get to receive one or the other.

So, Alaskans are all working the points to get that money at the end.  We charge an extra $2.00 entry fee to cover the reward money.

Mandy