Foosball.com Forums

leagues in philly or south jersey???

leagues in philly or south jersey???
« on: October 17, 2008, 08:21:32 AM »
hey, i'm a newbie to this forum.  good player and just got back into it.  i wanted to know if there were any leagues/tourneys in the philly or south jersey area?  any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

Re: leagues in philly or south jersey???
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 10:05:02 AM »
http://www.phillyfoos.com

Site doesn't look completely updated, but it seems as if their boards are somewhat live. Probably a better place to ask.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: leagues in philly or south jersey???
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »
hey, i'm a newbie to this forum.  good player and just got back into it.  i wanted to know if there were any leagues/tourneys in the philly or south jersey area?  any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks! 

They play at Walsh's Tavern North of Philly, near Hatboro, and in Malvern, way west on the Main Line.  Plus they have Nigel Difreitas' South Jersey boys playing at the Firkin Tav and there's crossover, of course.  Chris Forrest updates their stats from their Monday, Thurs and Sat nite Walsh' tournaments (bar matches pot) onto Netfoos.com.  And yes, their Gen Foosiness forum is quite lively on PhillyFoos.com.  No holds barred Phiweee trashtalkin'.

Their players include Arthur Mitchell, whose parents are in Hatboro, methinks.  Dennis Claroni shows up every so often, and Nate Thomas, too, whose parents I used to play many many moons ago, in the Mad Maggies days in Boston/Cambridge/Allston.  Nate grew up playing with Billy, during their golden era when Billy's mom, Nancy Pappas played against the Thomas'es and Louis Cartwright, etcetera.  Watch out for the dollah-dollah on the crappy table at Walsh'es after Monday nites!!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 06:59:30 PM by foozkillah »