Foosball.com Forums

How would I start a foosball league?

How would I start a foosball league?
« on: November 16, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »
Hey, I want to know who to speak to and what is involved in starting up a foosball league here in Durban South Africa.  The sport is growing incredibly! :D

Re: How would I start a foosball league?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 03:57:49 PM »
You should check out how areas in Germany set up their league play, I was only there for a year and it was when I was first learning foosball but they seemed to have a thorough structure.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: How would I start a foosball league?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 05:09:45 PM »
Hey, I want to know who to speak to and what is involved in starting up a foosball league here in Durban South Africa.  The sport is growing incredibly! :D

Glad to hear it!  Here in the US, major table Valley-Tornado-Brunswick has had leagues for years, where you pay about $300 to them and show you how to set up your local league according to the instructions/guidelines they send you, along with posters and other materials.  Don't know if V-T-Brunswick had an international component, but I've learned that 2009 is the last year for those leagues, which ends up in March before the winners go to a national tournament later for the national finals.

But you should still be able to go to VIFA.com and easily structure & adapt you league according to their guidelines.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:11:49 PM by foozkillah »