Foosball.com Forums

Will foosball.com forums replace the foosballboard?

Will foosball.com forums replace the foosballboard?
« on: November 16, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »
Just wondered. Since The Foosballboard has been down for 5 days. I would like to see this forum become the main forum for all foosers.   :D

This is my first time using this site and I really like it. Has to be more stable than The Foosballboard. Good job Jim Waterman  8)

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Will foosball.com forums replace the foosballboard?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 06:21:39 PM »
The foosballboard will be back. It always comes back...

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »
I like using both boards.  Each board has it's own personality and sometimes different perspective in how the participants look at foosball.  I'd like to see this board pick up but I don't want it to become a mirror image.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:31:10 PM »
I've really enjoyed these forums as well. I usually scope out foosballboard, but I tried registering and did it properly, even conversed once or twice through email... but in the end never got registered. I didn't pursue it, so I didn't really mind. There wasn't alot for me to say on that board, or on this one for that matter. I wouldn't mind this place to liven up just a bit though.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 01:15:31 AM »
Phil Kennedy's foosballboard has been on the foos scene for quite a while now.  Don't know if it's the oldest, but it certainly has the highest ratio of world class foosballers who CONTRIBUTE and add their opinions and observations to the mix.  The most outspoken users also proliferate on FBB, and it can get pretty nasty sometimes, but that's moderated free speech for ya.

Nate, you just have to email Phil on his yahoo account (several times if necessary) to make sure he finds your message.  It should be easier once he settles into the new server.  Especially one with the latest PHP version and all the security protections.

Each different board and its group of users is an asset to foosball as a whole.  Each one that goes by the wayside can only be a loss of the diversity of opinions, advise, and experiences foosers can share nationally AND worldwide.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 12:32:09 PM »
What's FBB?

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 01:39:54 PM »
What's FBB?

FURUKAWA BATTERY CO

Brad, I'm surprised you didn't know that one.  It's on the German and France Exchange.

....or maybe FoosBall Board

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 12:19:35 AM »
Yeah Nate,

French Bong Bus (FBB) also has that forum with all uploaded pics on it that preevert foosies like Louis etal can't live without.  Very tastee :D.

I don't know how they made it through the 5 days it was down without a lot of cold showers and some lotion.  ;D