Foosball.com Forums

I'm really tempted

I'm really tempted
« on: December 02, 2008, 07:18:48 PM »
I got an email from Warrior offering their table for $499. Some folks at our weekly DYP are looking for a Tornado and I'm tempted to sell my brown marble and get the Warrior. What do you think?

Offline marty

Re: I'm really tempted
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:23:46 PM »
$499 is that with shiping to . i could see where ya would be tempted
but i for one have never seen the new warrior i for one think the brown marble was the best table tornado built good post like to see what the players whom played both think

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:20:46 PM »
I got an email from Warrior offering their table for $499. Some folks at our weekly DYP are looking for a Tornado and I'm tempted to sell my brown marble and get the Warrior. What do you think?

Is this the same Warrior as original production?  By this I mean the Warriors that were shipped to Kentucky for Mary's IFP States.  Or would it be the Warrior with changes that Mary and her guys did for Brendan's Warrior Coast Super Dubs in Culver City?

If it's the same as an original production Warrior, then you might wish to purchase one of the recently "won" Warriors, like the one Jim is selling for Justin over on FoosballBoard.Com, because they don't have space for two tables.  Easy to find that table in General Discussion with the search key words "Warrior for sale", and it might be worth it to price Justin's.  He might have posted it here, too.  Couldn't hurt to check.

Offline Will17

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 11:05:27 AM »
I play on both a warrior and a tornado almost every day… My tornado is a new coin T2000 with the ITSF logos and my warrior is one from the kentucky state run. Seeing as you already have a tornado I’ll leave the evaluation of that table up to you, the warrior is different though. Don’t expect to play on a warrior every day and be able to walk on to a tornado and do everything the same, it takes a couple hours to adjust between the tables. Warrior obviously is way grippier, this doesn’t just effect pass catching though… You can do way more with a brush pass, and do it way easier. I was teaching beginners how to brush and they were getting the hang of it quickly on a warrior. Pull shots are VERY easy to cut back, I can pull to the middle dot and brush it back to the 1 hole super fast, and its not to hard to do. Squaring off long pulls is way easier, switching to tornado makes me spray it into the corner of the table. If you play a weekly dyp you might not want to switch. All in all, I think the game is actually more fun on warrior. I thing the table surface is the biggest thing, it is SUPER flat and you never get a funky roll. The table is light… but you don’t notice people jarring ever. The handles are slick… but you probably wrap them anyway. The ball return does suck.. but you can fix it easily, and its only a ball return. The strips above the side walls peel away, and that sucks, and would never happen on tornado. People are right when they say warrior is a toy, but toys are made for people to have fun with, and so is warrior. It is a good tournament table, maybe not as good as tornado, but if you added extra weight to a warrior it would be just as sturdy and with WAY more control.

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 01:20:58 PM »
NEVER sell that brown marble!!! Save up for the Warrior if you must, but keep that brownie in the stable for those times when you just gotta have a Tornado.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 01:35:41 PM »
Quote from: Wil17
... The strips above the side walls peel away, and that sucks, and would never happen on tornado. People are right when they say warrior is a toy, but toys are made for people to have fun with, and so is warrior. It is a good tournament table, maybe not as good as tornado, but if you added extra weight to a warrior it would be just as sturdy and with WAY more control.

Not so fast... I've played almost every Thursday with 4 to 12 foosers at my friend Brendan's T2K Tornado the past 4 years, and after a year, the horizontal strips on top of the side walls also peeled and we had to fix with glue.  Not a big problem, but it was annoying ..  The thin veneers on a couple of legs also did this... also fixed.  Tornado home models also need the weight to make them so much more playable.  And yeah, if possible, I'd say keep the Tornado in tandem with a Warrior if you buy one.  Best of both worlds, but that depends on your economics and the available space, of course.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 01:43:21 PM »
I am not ready to give up my Tornado but I totally loved playing on the Warrior...no offense to them, I know they are aware of all the build issues, but the Warrior has some build quality issues and as Will said, the ball return totally sucks..cheap and poorly designed...I even dislike the hole...I can a large hole which is easy to fit your hand into and where the ball won't hide

anyway, most of the build things can be fixed yourself or will be fixed with later models...you can add your own weight to the legs

that all said, I haven't enjoyed playing on a table that much since I came back to the game 4 years ago

I didn't make all the adjustments I needed to during the tournament but I made enough...
* I like the ball control of course being a back pin shooter but it was good for everyone
* the ball is magic PERIOD...best ball ever made...Tornado used to be number one but it is now a distant second
* table surface rocks
* man foot design big big improvement - I still wish they would remove the curve on the front of the foot but this design is a large good step forward
* slower lateral speed but the speed into the goal is out of sight hard has hell
* I like the scoring markers WAY better than the new Tor design...those plastic things are terrible
* banks are much better but not back 100% because of the curve on the foot
* didn't think I say this but the one man goalie was an improvement, less slop and it slows the ball coming off the back wall...it messed with some people but nothing that couldn't be dealt with once you knew how

Downside is ball gets stuck on the side of table because it is so flat
Men are lighter or rods slicker because if you are shooting from 2 bar in singles and hit a free standing man in the goal, you can count the point 90% of the time...this needs to be addressed

overall, super great table to play on...I love it and can't wait to own one...I of course would like all the shortcomings fixed but I played on a table all weekend without those things fixed and I enjoyed it more than anything I can remember...if I could own both I would

with that said, i would try and hunt down one of the 17 table winners from MO states or the 23 from Sup dubs and try and get one of those at a deep discount

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »
I've also heard rumors about Brunswick being in trouble financially and how Tornado might not be around in the future. Has anyone heard anything about that? Warrior could be THE table in a year or two. Things to think about,,,

Offline Rios

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 09:15:18 PM »
I have a Warrior and would think about selling it if I didnt think more tournaments would be played on it. You definatly have to get a few hours of table time to get used to the play of it as compared to a Tornado. Now that I have that Warrior table in my apt. it is really hard adjusting to a Tornado for our weekly DYP. I am teaching my roommate how to play, which is ALOT easier on a Warrior due to the greater ball control and the fact that the game play on a Warrior is so much slower than on Tornado.

Wish they would get rid of the solid rods, and I messed around with a Tornado ball on the Warrior and actually thought it played alot better. I could learn to live with the single man goalie but I prefer the 3-man.

Definatly keep your Tornado. I have heard that Warrior is going to get sued by Tornado, and also that Tornado is going to fold under.... so who knows what is going to happen...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:18:46 PM by Rios »