Foosball.com Forums

mental attitude

Re: mental attitude
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »
So many times these processes are about an epiphany, a moment of clarity about what is described. It takes an open mind, a willingness to learn, the realization that there are things to be learned, the intelligence to know when something is being taught that you should learn, the time to put it in practice and the where-with-all to know what you are trying to accomplish. I don't know about anyone else but I suspect this thread has been watched by many and I want to thank Zeek Mullins for the wonderful lessons about what really makes a person into the best competitor that person might be. Kudos Zeek and thank you!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 07:22:42 PM by Old Meister »

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2009, 01:44:29 PM »
John, I hope you show up for Texas state.  I need a shrink to help me maintain my focus.  I also need you there so I won't be the oldest dinosaur in the room. ;)

« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2009, 01:57:52 PM »
very funny mark. Ill be there. thanks om. im having fun doing this. I am getting down to the end of this part, and the last thing i will do is give a method for uaing all this stuff and creating anything you want.

I origionally started learning all this stuff to become a better golfer, a competitor.  What i learned was that being peaceful, happy and content with your life is a requirement to being successful. I hope i have conveyed this.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2009, 05:19:20 PM »
i am very supportive of the thread but you got me with this last statement "being peaceful, happy and content with your life is a requirement to being successful" 

this is NOT universally true...there have been and are many people in all walks of life who have been "OCD, insecure, driven, and dis-content" have been "successful" in life

well, unless of course you define "success" as "being peaceful, happy, and content" but I don't think that is what you were saying

I personally think living like that is the most important thing about life but it isn't a formula for "success" as defined by most people and alone, it won't make you a winner in competitive things

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2009, 10:01:50 PM »
Touche', BBT,

I would say from an Eastern (translated to: Non-Occidental) point of view, that life is an extended series of moments or points of clarity, or complete darkness and confusion.   Some are assuredly moments of "being peaceful, happy and content with one's life,"  while other moments are exactly that: moments, often of clarity as well, where one worries WHAT ARE THE OTHER REQUIREMENTS to attain "being peaceful, happy and content with one's life AND successful as well."

:-\ :o ;D

« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2009, 10:28:47 PM »
Napoleon Hill (think and grow rich) wrote another book, i think it was called The Twelve Riches of Life. The first 11 riches were spiritual riches. The twelth was material success. He put material success last because he came to the conclusion that if you had the first eleven, material success became easy to achieve. Many people think its the other way around. that material success brings peace and happiness.
  I guess it depends on your definition of success. "Success" to one can be considered failure by someone else. Its just a concept. Same with "worry".
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:05:43 PM by zeek mullins »

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2009, 11:48:26 PM »
Napoleon Hill (think and grow rich) wrote another book, i think it was called The Twelve Riches of Life. The first 11 riches were spiritual riches. The twelth was material success. He put material success last because he came to the conclusion that if you had the first eleven, material success became easy to achieve. Many people think its the other way around. that material success brings peace and happiness.
  I guess it depends on your definition of success. "Success" to one can be considered failure by someone else. Its just a concept. Same with "worry".

I'd have to say "Many people think..." is attractive, because if you achieve material success first, then you've prolly immensely enjoyed the challenge to getting wealthy, AND THEN you can concentrate on achieving the other 11 Riches of Life, with no sweat...  nor pre-diabetes, most of your natural teeth, not as much gray or white hair, less ex-wives or ex-husbands, your house or pad on "Cribs", a nicer car or truck to ponder the vicissitudes of "dah foos life.." in, and you can actually theorize on the concept of failure, or worry, which you will never achieve or really grasp, (oh no! alas!) anyway.  :P

Otherwise you'd have to write a book about the 11 first Riches of Life, to mislead the others while you're overtaking their dumb *sses, enroute to the cookie jar.  SHOTGUN!!  ;D 8)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 11:54:26 PM by foozkillah »

« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2009, 12:12:42 PM »
Ive just decided to choose peaceful and happy first. at the very least i get to be a happy dumbass.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:53:09 PM by zeek mullins »

« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2009, 02:57:24 PM »
You're not dumb.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2009, 03:27:46 PM »
okay, sorry to get you off track, I see I am not going to get a straight response to this......it doesn't invalidate your premiss, just thinking outloud with you like I would if we were sitting and drinking a cold one together and jawing about life....

at the same time, I think it would be best to hide the cookies from Killa

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2009, 06:56:06 PM »

at the same time, I think it would be best to hide the cookies from Killa

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMMMPPP!  KHOOOOUUUKEEEEEEE!

YUM YUM CHOMP!

LIFE IS A BROKEN COOKIE JAR!  WHO IS NOT GUILTY?

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2009, 07:27:07 PM »
tks ice. Im working on the rest of it

« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2009, 08:22:02 PM »
tuna
  I definately believe you can have peace, hapiness and material success. It is human nature to be striving toward a goal. But i have known a lot of people who have achieved some level of material success that were miserable most of the time (i was one). I have known a few who were happy and successful. And it seemed to me that this group of people just attracted more success. It appeared easy for them.
  I got my fill of being in the first group, and then decided to learn how the second group worked.
  What i learned is that a major part of their definition of success includes being peaceful and happy.

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2009, 08:39:34 PM »
Materialism, who would you rather be, Brendan or Freddy? Both love the game, one is rich and helps it grow, the other is out of this world skilled and ,thus, helps it grow just by playing. What means more to you?
 I tell my boss about my fly fishing trips that I do when we don't have work and he loves to fly fish but can't because he's trying to make more money, who is richer, what is being rich? No I can't fly to any tournament that I want on a given moment yet a road trip someday will be soooo sweet! The anticipation is what makes it so. I hope that those things I hold precious never become commonplace. I think I am peaceful and happy. Someday I want to pull a surprise visit on Bbtuna and he and I go try to impress each other with our 70's throwback games at the expense of anyone whose around to play all the while him showing me how Absinthe has it's own peculiar qualities . That's being rich, peaceful and happy. Life can be really good if you don't ask more than you should and look where you should for the good stuff.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 08:50:06 PM by Old Meister »

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2009, 12:12:06 PM »
•   I believe the most positive way to live life, every area of life, is to be PHC
•   I think the most meaningful result of an individual life is PHC (outside man’s personal relationship with his personal God-I say this in the context of committed Christian but others could read it there own way)
•   I believe PHC defines real success for people regardless of what a dictionary or society may say
•   I believe in the things Zeek is writing about up to this
•   I believe in absolute truth but PHC being a requirement for success (when defined as winning) is not one of them

i wasn't referring to materialism...what I was saying is that in the context of this conversation, "success" is defined as "learning to win" or "learning to control the mental side of the game to get the most out of your game that you can get"

Zeek said, " What i learned was that being peaceful, happy and content with your life is a requirement to being successful."

I assume Zeek meant this about the entire approach he has been talking about regarding controlling the mental part of your game and why some people with like skills win and other don't - if he didn't, it is a "Non Sequitur (""It does not follow"" - This is the simple fallacy of stating, as a conclusion, something that does not strictly follow from the premises.)

I also assume Zeek meant this about "life" overall...but the statement applies to his ideas on why some win and others like skilled don't win

and Zeek says, "being peaceful, happy, and content {PHC} with your life" - PHC with your LIFE...your whole life...that is problem number one

second problem I have is that it is a prerequisite for this theory to work...remember these ideas are what Zeek discovered are the differences between those who win and those who do not win (regularly)

so, Zeek is saying, for people to be successful (in this context meaning win regularly) you have to be PHC

I am saying, this is simply NOT true...it may be true for him and true for some others who can not be 'successful' (win regularly) unless they have PHC but it is NOT a universal truth...meaning, it is not true for all people under all circumstances

While you all ruminate on this, I am going to get Killa’s cookies