Foosball.com Forums

Harvard vs. Sportcraft (crap vs. crap)

Harvard vs. Sportcraft (crap vs. crap)
« on: July 01, 2009, 06:40:22 PM »
I lived in a place with a Tornado for a year, and had a Harvard for a year.  I am well aware that both the sportcraft and the harvard suck compared to a Tornado coin-op.  I am not planning on playing in tournaments and can spend less than $100 on a table at the moment.

Was considering buying a Sportcraft from craigslist for $50-80.  Is it going to be worse or better than a the Harvard I previously owned?  Not sure what any of the models are.  Harvard was very standard.  Sportcraft is this...http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/spo/1244224502.html

any advice?

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: Harvard vs. Sportcraft (crap vs. crap)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 10:19:10 AM »
As far as harvard vs sportcraft, it really depends on the models.  I have played on some decent harvard tables at trade shows, they play pretty good when played with a good ball. 

The table pictured in the link doesn't look too bad.  Table cover, leg levelers, decent handles...With a little cleanup and a good ball, that table should play pretty good.  As far as how it would compare to the Harvard you used to play on, no clue.

Re: Harvard vs. Sportcraft (crap vs. crap)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 06:04:32 PM »
My 2 Cents:

-If the sportcraft has been kept outside...dont buy it...

-If it hasnt...get the best price you can and buy it.  The first thing you do when you get it home is buy a Warrior Ball and you will have fun and be able to to get better as well! It isnt what table you play on, it is about having fun playing foosball!