Foosball.com Forums

Looking for a place to play. Near St. Charles or O'fallon MO

Looking for a place to play. Near St. Charles or O'fallon MO
« on: August 16, 2009, 06:56:24 PM »
Fairly new to the scene, have not played in a while and looking for a place to play, besides my foosball room LOL.  Anybody have a usual spot they would like to share?  Thanks so much in advance for your help.   ;)

Offline Bluenote

• STL wants Lord Stanley
Re: Looking for a place to play. Near St. Charles or O'fallon MO
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 11:21:22 PM »
Playoffs bar and grill is located in crossroads plaza near the corner of highway K and N in O'Fallon. One well maintained brown marble. We play every Friday from around six till they kick us out. The normal group is six to eight players. Sometimes more, sometimes less. New players are always welcome. No tourny there, we play to stay at the table and change up partners as we go. Always a good time and the skill level of the players is good. Great beer specials during cards games.

Hope to see you there
Joe

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 11:57:12 PM »
Playoffs bar and grill is located in crossroads plaza near the corner of highway K and N in O'Fallon. One well maintained brown marble. We play every Friday from around six till they kick us out. The normal group is six to eight players. Sometimes more, sometimes less. New players are always welcome. No tourny there, we play to stay at the table and change up partners as we go. Always a good time and the skill level of the players is good. Great beer specials during cards games.

Hope to see you there
Joe

He forgot to tell you to ask for Rick... ;)

Offline Bluenote

• STL wants Lord Stanley
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 12:13:26 AM »
Hey Rick:

I finaly got an email response so I can post. How was the Lake? Any Foos while you were there? 

Offline wildcard

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 01:16:28 AM »
Yep, I had a couple of good nites of foos, it was fun playing different people for a change. There are some good folk there, let me know if and when you go and I'll hand off a few phone #'s.

You coming out Fri nite? See ya there.

Offline Bluenote

• STL wants Lord Stanley
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 02:14:26 AM »
Yeah I'll be there. That's good you got some games in at the lake. It's funny once your addicted to Foos you can't leave town without finding a table first.   :P

We still need to get together before the Sept tourny. Shoot me an email when your free or I'll talk to you Friday  

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 02:16:27 AM by Bluenote »

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 07:58:26 AM »
Joe, thanks for the quick response,  sounds awesome, however, workload does not always cooperate with my Friday night activities  :( but appreciate the offer and will stop by as work allows. Do you guys know of any other place that plays any other night? I am willing to travel a bit if the atmosphere is good.  ;D I have heard of Stratford, but would like to some pick up games under my belt again before facing the big boys in a tourney enviroment.  LOL Thanks again guys

Offline wildcard

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 02:34:48 PM »
Let us know when you can come out to play (or host on your table, whichever is easiest for you) and we'll try to hookup with you for some pickup games. Only one rule when you play with us...Have FUN!!!

Offline Bluenote

• STL wants Lord Stanley
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 02:40:43 PM »
TLady,

I wish I could tell you where to find a game another night but I have no idea.

Once summer is over Stratford will have a Wed. night singles around 7 and DYP around 9, as well as something on sunday night. Right now it is just the Fri. night BYP. I went last friday and had a blast, but only eight teams. It picks up when it gets cold out.  

I would try to make it to Playoffs since it's in your own backyard to get your game up to speed first, like you said.

let us know when you can make it up there. It should'nt be to hard to twist some arms and get you a game.

-Joe