Foosball.com Forums

Used fireball in SoCal?

Used fireball in SoCal?
« on: July 27, 2011, 04:08:29 PM »
I've read everything I can about these tables the past few days and I like what I've seen. I'd like to try one out and potentially purchase one.
Unfortunately I can't swing the $1200+ new price tag. Budget is $800-900.

What is the likelihood of me finding one of these "used" if I were to wait for one? 

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
Re: Used fireball in SoCal?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:30:52 PM »
Snafu,

Great question and one I will answer.

I also have additional information about contacts in the San Diego area. I lived in Oceanside for a number of years.

Looking forward to more when you read your PM.

Brad Laurine

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »
Brad, you know I LOVE these tables and I will buy one in the near future. So I have to ask, what is the real difference between the coin-op and the top home model. It seems that they could be made the same except not have the coin slot installed, is that the case? The coin-op is an outrageous table bro,,,

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 03:00:08 AM »
Mr. OM,
That is very kind of you to say nice things about the tables.

When I see you again, I will buy you a beer. You might have to remind me, it will be awhile till I get back in your area.

The question you posed is a solid one and it will take some thoughts. I am also going to wait till I get word back on how to answer you.
You aren't in a hurry, nor I'm I.

Later, Brad Laurine

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 06:28:16 PM »
Brad, you know I LOVE these tables and I will buy one in the near future. So I have to ask, what is the real difference between the coin-op and the top home model. It seems that they could be made the same except not have the coin slot installed, is that the case? The coin-op is an outrageous table bro,,,

OM,
The USA PRO home edition is the same in all the playing characteristics as the USA PRO Coin Op. The difference is in the cabinet.
The Home model has a practice ball return. Billy Pappas, once a great player, suggested to Dennis at Fireball to make a practice return. The USA PRO Home has this feature, where the Coin model does not.
The Coin model is a heavier split cabinet and the USA PRO Home is a lighter walled unit. 2" thick versus 1 1/2". Competing tables in the market are 1 1/2" for their Coin Model and 1" for their home models.
Weight is 240lbs+ to 330lbs. The USA PRO can and does take weight in the legs, up to 100lbs. WOW, THAT IS SUPER SOLID! The leg design is way different and much stronger than the other brands on the market. I sound like a salesman instead of a Pro Player. haha
Maybe we will make a split home cabinet, but really I don't see the need.

What I like is that the tables are sold either as a one man or three man. We have a choice as a player/buyer. Lighter weight rods, 1 or 3 man goalie and great innovations. Go to the website and check them out for pictures and descriptions.

I hear a rumor that Fireball will be introducing a second ball... Okay, I'm starting a rumor...

Brad Laurine   

Offline hedge

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »
I also like what I see in the Coin-Op Fireball.  I like snafu am in the $800-900 range.  I will probably have to wait for a tourney around here and try to pick up a used one.....    Looks like a Great Table!