Foosball.com Forums

Rennovating a Deutscher Meister

Rennovating a Deutscher Meister
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »
Hey there everyone.

I stumbled across the other thread while doing some research for my Deutscher Meister table. 

Actually it's my brother in law's table, it had been in their family for a long time, and in college he lent it to me so I could use it in my old place.  I haven't been able to use it over the past couple of years and now I have a new place that will fit it.

Well over the years it's taken on a bit of wear and tear and we were hoping to refurbish the table.  I was hoping to replace the bearings, the men and possibly the rods (A few of them were bent by over-anxious players).

My table looks pretty much exactly the same as the one described in the other thread.  I can't seem to find any DM parts anywhere.  Could you guys maybe give me some pointers as to how I should go about getting my parts?  What bearings should I use? Will one of the eBay kits work OK for the men?  What's the advantage and disadvantage of hollow or solid rods?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Rennovating a Deutscher Meister
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 12:49:28 AM »
im new but from what i have seen

bearings... check local hardware like a ace or true value they have some

i have seen the men on ebay so a search on there should help

rods.... i have sen them on ebay as well it seems that most parts for old tables are hard to find maybe look for a spare table

i think the only problems would bethe size of your current rods just have to measure them and make sure the ones you buy are the same/ correct for table this goes for the men too.

like i said though im new and someone will probably point you towards better sources

good luck
Jared
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:52:01 AM by newtofoos »

Offline alaris

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:31:09 AM »
I am looking for a few good men... DM men that is... to be exact I am looking for the old DM men that the bodies had like a bake-a-lite or enamel covered torso or either the paint had a good layer of clear coat.  Not sure which and I hope I am explaining that correctly. I have 9 blue & 5 red plus the kickers.... Any one have at least one blue and five red men? Would buy more if they are out there.  (Mark, what are you exactly looking for? I might have a part or two you might need... possibly a trade if you have the men I'm looking for)

Rebecca
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:33:53 AM by alaris »

Offline mikey

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 07:45:59 AM »
Another option which is a bit of a pain, but do-able is searching for some parts from Germany.  They are probably after-market parts but they are a possiblity.  I was going to get some of the wooden men for my deutscher meister table, but decided to hold off for a bit.  There are some places that will ship them to canada or the usa.  Google Translate and babelfish can be a good help if you can't speak German!  Pretty cool to think how easy it is to communicate online to someone in a different language with the click of a button.

In terms of rods i wold probably go with hollow. As for sizes mine are 16mm as the germans were using the metric system when building the table.

Here is a cool manual not alot of info, but its neat.
http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=thumbs&db=arcadedb&id=1696

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »
You may ask the manufacturer via his website: http://www.billard-und-kickermanufaktur.de/kicker.html
They should understand English.

Offline mikey

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »
Here ate some dm men that look like they were painted http://www.ebay.com:80/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270872997459+