Foosball.com Forums

New Warrior table/ tour

New Warrior table/ tour
« on: August 08, 2012, 01:30:20 AM »
I know some of you on here are Warrior fans or prefer the one man goalies.  Here's some info from the other board.  The tour will have two parts, an amateur ITSF part and a seperate pro/money part where right now they are talking about banning the snake.  Here's some Q&A's by Mr DaRosa

Q:   
regardless of hollow or solid rods, they need to be be at least a half inch longer than before to keep from pulling the rods thru going for loose balls.   

i can assure you the rods do not come out of the berings

Q:   
3-Man goalie or 1-Man?   

1-man

Q:   
- Are the rods solid or hollow?
- Is there a coin-op model?   

solid -- the rods are 14mm (approx. 9/16th)
home model -- A coin-op version has been discussed. however, there are no immediate plans to produce one
Quote:   
- Has the cabinet sturdiness been addressed? The old cabinets were the tables biggest weak point - poor material choice and construction.
- Has the bearings been strengthened? This was the part that I needed to replace the most on the tables at the Boys and Girls club.   

the cabinet is made of an E1MDF grade material. The construction of the table has been simplified for assembling purposes. It puts together nice and quick.
The bearings are made of POM material. which has a high level of toughness & hardness.

Q:   
if you can elaborate on the player figure foot and table surface as well?

for the most part, the Warrior man looks the same (they still have the shades Cool ) only a few modifications were made, with a major part of it being the foot of the man. It has a slightly wider base then that of a Tornado's man, with vertical & horizontal lining on the face of the foot, and just horizontals on the back.
The surface is a PVC laminate.

sorry for grouping all of the questions together and answering them all in 1 post, but figured it would be quicker just to do it this way as oppose to repsonding to each individually.

keep in mind that goal was to design a nice, affordable, playable home model table without having to sacrifice to much quality, and that aslo meets a specific criteria for shipping purposes. I believe we've done so.

Q:   
"can you bank on the table?"   

YES. Although I'm not much of a bank shooter myself, I did manged to fire off a few nasty bank shots from the back with very little effort. Evan Stachelek and Johnny lott, on the other hand, are pro's when comes to shooting that shot and were hitting some pretty nice ones from any location.

Q:   
"What kind of ball are you using?"   

same yellow ball that Warrior has always used.
links emails remove. spam. sorry

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:52:20 PM by macfoos »

Offline FOOZUL

Re: New Warrior table/ tour
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »
Good to hear about the New Warrior...All the changes sound exciting.

I just wanted to know if the bearings are the same design as before
but in POM material?

Can you install rods with players on it like Fireball or you have to install the
men on the table?

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 03:36:20 PM »
thanks for the update...are there any pics so we can see the table for ourselves?.....thanks!

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 11:57:18 PM »
Here's some more Q & A, you can send a message to the email in the first post with more questions:

Q:   
Are the bearings the same?   

Warrior will be introducing a new bearing set (handle side) that will allow for easy install/removal of the rods (similar to that of a fire ball bearing. of course designed much differently). for the non handle side bearing, it is the same as the old one.

Q:   
are the handles wood like the ones on the old model?   

No. They are made of a TPE material (rubber)

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 04:38:16 PM »
WOW!!!...I LOVE IT!!...the table looks and seems to play great!....cant wait to see more...great job brendan you and all your crew....cant wait to see it go on tour!.....any more vidoes??..bring it on!

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 10:12:19 AM »
WOW!

The table is looking awesome, Some one on YouTube asked if the wight of the rods and the men are still the same or if they are lighter. I have that question too.

I am also interested in knowing how pin shot friendly is the new Warrior table. I love to front pin and back pin, I own a Tecball table so my style differs from the American style. I saw that there is absolutely no problems with backpins on the video but I think I didn't see any front pins. Also I wonder wish table is more front pin friendly between the new Warrior and the Fireball table.

-Thai Beamonte-

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 11:55:07 AM »
"the cabinet is made of an E1MDF grade material. The construction of the table has been simplified for assembling purposes. It puts together nice and quick.
The bearings are made of POM material. which has a high level of toughness & hardness."

Was the old table E1MDF and the bearings made of POM material?

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 09:23:07 PM »
Hey everybody...  Old schooler here who's just contemplating coming back from a 25 year hiatus.  Without sounding like I'm stuck in the past, I loved the brown top TS of old; however, I just watched that promo vid, and I have to say...it looks like the Warrior plays similarly to my beloved brown top.  Back then (and excuse my old school vernacular) it was common to see banks from back and front men, uncountable variations of back- and front-pin shots (we called them toes instead of pins), pull and push with or without the pin, kicks/wristers, slaps (much more capable, no-tell, palmed predecessor to the modern rollover shot which could be performed on the fly or stationary), reverses, tap-slaps, tic-tacs, back man flip-backs...you name it...shot variation was simply part of the game, be it local play or bigger tourneys.  The game seemed more exciting back then, even from a spectator standpoint.  Then Tornado came around after TS went under, dominated for the next 20+ years, during which I lost touch, and with a unique "then and now" perspective, all I'm seeing in the videos with top players, and at the local level are pull/push kicks, and snakes.  What happened to this sport?  I'm not taking away from the talent playing these days...there's no doubt they're talented as hell, but it seems to me the Tornado table's play characteristics have limited play overall.

Anyway...just wanted to say the Warrior Table (and I'm keeping an eye on Fireball too) really seem like tables which are going in the right direction for the sport IMHO.  I just hope each company finds its way through the maze of promoting their product so it becomes a real force in the bar/bowl/tourney/tour segments.  I think the sport needs a modern twist on the old German/French hybrid idea the brown tops helped to forge years ago.

Just my 2 cents.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:25:30 PM by fletcher969 »

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM »
The new table looks great.  Are you offering any discounts codes for the Foosball forum?

Offline mikey

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 09:40:11 AM »
nice, where do you buy one and how much? the warrior site only has old table, doesnt look like its been updated in ages, what is the cost?

Offline mikey

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 04:55:21 PM »
Nevermind my last post, found it by accident, seems pretty nice, rod covers are interesting, but could be beneficial when you have young ones around.
link removed. spam. sorry

The front pin series in the promo vid looks wild. Looks like its capable of different styles. Would be great to find something that allowed for the most common shots on both french and german tables, a nice hybrid. This looks like it could fit the bill
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:40:51 PM by macfoos »

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 08:58:11 AM »
Very nice looking table. Question: Are the rod-end covers serving a purpose other than protecting people/kids from getting hit by the rod end? Can the table be used without them?

Thanks!

Kevin